Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2007, 11:33 AM   #1
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I need to pick your brain about sleep issues

DD was a pretty good sleeper up until about a month ago. Doing 12 hours at night and 2 hours during the day. I was pretty pleased!

But, suddently its like shes upside down. Her normal bedtime is 7pm, but shes been throwing a wicked fit and refusing to go down until 9:30 or later. And her awakening time keeps getting earlier and earlier. It was 8am, then 7:30am, then 7am, then 6:30am....now its 6am! And once shes awake, she wont go back to sleep.

And she wont nap during the day. She'll doze for maybe 20 minutes here and there, but no actual napping. Ive tried laying with her, not laying with her, letting her cry a little (which does NOTHING), tried putting her in the crib, holding her.....nothing is working!

She is teething, but shes a very looong drawn out teether. Its not a 3 or 4 day thing with her. Before her two bottom teeth came in, she teethed instensely for about 2 months! Once they came in, she was great about naps and nighttime.

I give her teething tablets, we do a nice quiet bedtime routine, but the more I try, the more futile it becomes.

Im SERIOUSLY concerned about her not getting enough sleep. The past two nights shes only gotten maybe 9 hours at night and NOTHING during the day.

Could the teething be causing ALL these sleep disturbances? How can I help? I definately dont want to be doping her up with Tylenol all the time, for many reasons. How can I get her to sleep later in the morning? I'm up every night until at least midnight sewing as part of my WAHM business, and by the time I get into bed I dont fall asleep until 1am. Needless to say, the lack of sleep has worn me down. My patience and enthusiasm is just dwindling.

So, has anyone else had a teething baby that ended up a mess with sleep from it? PLEASE tell me this will pass!

*And FYI, I've tried just about every book, website and techniques around. They dont work. I am NOT going to run out and buy anymore books or DVD's, so please dont suggest them. Im tired of wasting money.

Advertisement

Old 06-12-2007, 01:20 PM   #2
ellagirl
Registered Users

Re: I need to pick your brain about sleep issues

This will pass!!!! My oldest daughter now 27 months was like that every time she had teeth come in... Thankfully her two year molars finally came in after 2 months so she is done now. But we are just starting with her little sister who is 5 1/2 months old and just broke her first two bottom teeth in and is working on four more!!!!
Addison (our youngest) is now having a hard time putting herself down and she two use to sleep 10-12 hours at night and now is only getting 9 and may be 2 or 3 one hour naps during the day. She usually takes two 2-3 hour naps a day..
But I know that this will pass!!! I HOPE!! It always did with Ella!!
So I hope this helps a little to know that others are going through the same thing.

Emily
ellagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:51 PM   #3
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Anyone else? Goodness, I thought Id get more replys! LOL.

Come on all you mamas who have lots of kiddos at home...I need your wisdom!
Old 06-12-2007, 11:23 PM   #4
Bella Catalina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Rae, - we're going through the exact same thing with Adrian right now!
Old 06-12-2007, 11:41 PM   #5
zosiasmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have also been going through this. She had one night where she only slept for 7 hours and several others where she woke up from 2-5 am. have had a hard time getting her down too. But last night was much better. She has her bottom and top 2 teeth. I just think that the next ones are moving around and bugging the poor babe! Good luck to you and remember that it will all pass and she will be your good sleeper soon! HTH, Danni

Want to know about making money with ChaCha? Ask me!
I made $350 last month!Hits4Pay Want some Moola?
zosiasmama is offline   Reply With Quote