Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
vjbakke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Need support for a " greener" lunch!

DH and I have fallen into a routine of eating out a lot for lunch. I know it's costing us a lot of money and is not healthy or good for the environment. I guess I need some suggestions for healthy lunches at home. I did think to day that I can cook a chicken, use the left over meat for salads, soups, sandwiches. I need some more easy ideas. I make all my own bread and dinners, for some reason lunch has become our " slacker" meal lol. I want to put a stop to that!

Thanks

Advertisement

Last edited by vjbakke; 04-16-2011 at 12:13 PM.
vjbakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #2
grady&finnsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need support for a " greener" lunch!

I make a big salad for lunch. I use lettuce, diced carrots, frozen peas that I thaw, tomatoes (sometimes hard boiled egg) croutons, and guacamole! I use the 100 calorie Wholly Guacamole packs. They are great. Then I top with my favorite salad dressing.

I try to always make enough dinner so my husband can take left overs each day. I put it away in containers so that he can take it for lunch.

I also make a pot of soup each week and my husband can take it to work or I can eat it at home. Once the soup is made you can prepackage it so you can just grab it in the morning and go!
Old 04-16-2011, 10:07 PM   #3
vjbakke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need support for a " greener" lunch!

Thanks!
vjbakke is offline   Reply With Quote