Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2007, 02:55 PM   #21
prairieflower
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question for non vaxing parents?clue me in

i want to make sure i understand.

i can choose not to vax in AL, but only need to claim religious exemption if he were to go to school or daycare here, right?

we plan on moving home before DS is in school. home is WA state, where i can take a personal exemption.

Advertisement

Old 06-12-2007, 08:44 PM   #22
Kanga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
so I just write a letter stating my reasons religous only have it notorized take it to the health department.then what do they give you something then saying you are exempt or do you wait for them to aprove it or what

it varies state by state i think on exactly how you go about it, but I believe with most states you have your exemption notarized and the county health dept will either approve or deny it. Then you give it to whoever you would give a shot record to, usually at registration. Call either the health dept or the school, they should be able to tell you.

[COLOR="Red"]ISO: Girly Alva or Sunbaby OS for a mama on a budget.
Kanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:11 PM   #23
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto7littlestinkers View Post
jacob takes trileptal he used to take tegretol these medicines are horrible I had the sweetist little angel pre medication now we deal with behavior issues and have to worry about him eating enough.the neurologist says we have to go 2 years seizure free to come off meds he hasnt had but 1 clonic tonic (gran mal)seizure in a year but he has absense seizures where he starts to stare and is unaware of his surrondings for a minte or two almost daily several times per day,they havnt said he has any brai damage but he does have alot of learning disabilities.

that was what DD was on, she only had grand mal seizures, she was too young to really watch for absent seizures since babies her age stare off anyways. But they did a 3 day extended EEG where they provoked a seizure with general triggers, her trigger was being overly tired & hungry so we just make sure she sleeps enough and eats frequently which is pretty easy because she is still BF and nursing not only feeds her but puts her to sleep. They told us the same about coming off the meds but she would literally scream for 2 hours after taking it, then be a zombie for 2 hours then latargic for 2 and normal for 2 then it was time to take the meds again. It was aweful so I weaned her off and started monitoring her very closely. If she had had another seizure we probably would have tried a different medication, but because she didn't the neurologist left us alone about doing natural prevention. I couldn't imagine having to deal with the absent seizures though, those would scare me so bad because they could happen without you knowing. Hope everything gets better soon! Good luck finding your answers on the vaxing, our neurologist is the one who told us not to vax her until she had been seizure free for 2 years and that future children would be prone to vaxes triggering a seizure disorder and to consider not vaxing othr children we have. Maybe talk to you neurologist about a medical exemption.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:24 PM   #24
mommyto7littlestinkers
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmama2dsndd View Post
that was what DD was on, she only had grand mal seizures, she was too young to really watch for absent seizures since babies her age stare off anyways. But they did a 3 day extended EEG where they provoked a seizure with general triggers, her trigger was being overly tired & hungry so we just make sure she sleeps enough and eats frequently which is pretty easy because she is still BF and nursing not only feeds her but puts her to sleep. They told us the same about coming off the meds but she would literally scream for 2 hours after taking it, then be a zombie for 2 hours then latargic for 2 and normal for 2 then it was time to take the meds again. It was aweful so I weaned her off and started monitoring her very closely. If she had had another seizure we probably would have tried a different medication, but because she didn't the neurologist left us alone about doing natural prevention. I couldn't imagine having to deal with the absent seizures though, those would scare me so bad because they could happen without you knowing. Hope everything gets better soon! Good luck finding your answers on the vaxing, our neurologist is the one who told us not to vax her until she had been seizure free for 2 years and that future children would be prone to vaxes triggering a seizure disorder and to consider not vaxing othr children we have. Maybe talk to you neurologist about a medical exemption.
I dont see why I couldnt just get the religious exemption because i do believe god gave us an immune system to fight desieses just like the other post mentioned.I just never knew I had a choice
Old 06-12-2007, 10:27 PM   #25
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto7littlestinkers View Post
I dont see why I couldnt just get the religious exemption because i do believe god gave us an immune system to fight desieses just like the other post mentioned.I just never knew I had a choice
Sounds good to me, also if you really want to go religion you can say you are against abortion and can't vax as they use aborted fetal cells to make many of them.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:46 PM   #26
mommyto7littlestinkers
Registered Users

My Mood:

to eveyone who took the time to help me out!your great mamas
Old 06-13-2007, 10:00 AM   #27
Kanga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Sounds good to me, also if you really want to go religion you can say you are against abortion and can't vax as they use aborted fetal cells to make many of them.
Do NOT say that as a reason for an exemption.....it will get denied. Not all vaxes have aborted fetal tissue in them so you will only be exempt from those that do (MMR I believe) and if they ever fix it so that they no longer have aborted fetal tissue in them, your exemption will no longer be valid.

Your best bet is to say you have faith in the immune system God has created specifically for you (your child) and by vaccinating you would be seen as not having faith in God's creation. You can also quote the bible if you'd like (don't have anything off hand though) but just make sure you say nothing about vaccines being dangerous (philisophical reason).

[COLOR="Red"]ISO: Girly Alva or Sunbaby OS for a mama on a budget.
Kanga is offline   Reply With Quote