Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2011, 07:47 AM   #11
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

Re: Discouraged. Ear infection AFTER tubes--antibiotic advice please!

Well, here's an update. The pediatrician recommended we wait until yesterday on oral abx. We did, and he started running a fever of 101. But, his ears are no longer draining and look clear (since we started using the drops). We called the pediatrician again yesterday and she said since his ears are no longer draining she thinks the fever is related just to the cold and not to his ears. So, we are still holding off on abx. Last night he had what felt like about 102 fever, but we didn't take his temp, since he was sleeping (he was in bed with us). We gave him some motrin and this morning he had no fever. So, I'm still not sure what to do. The drops *seem* to have cleared his ears--no more drainage, etc... but the fever is perplexing. This is a bad cold (I know, because I also have it!) but I'm not sure if the fever is cold related or ear. Ugh.

I guess if he continues to run a fever we will call the ENT again.

Advertisement

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:58 AM   #12
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Discouraged. Ear infection AFTER tubes--antibiotic advice please!

I would not be surprised if the fever is related to the ear infection. DD#3 runs fevers w/ ear infections. The fever is usually what prompts me to take her in to be seen b/c she most times doesn't have any other symptoms. For her the fever will last a day or two, go away and come back, after it happens a couple times I take her in to find it's an ear infection. I typically give antibiotics, but mainly b/c there aren't usually other symptoms, like cold symptoms to make me think it's viral.