Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2011, 10:51 PM   #21
crazylife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you ever get tired of being a mommy?

A mother's work is never done. I never understood that saying until I became one - which also gave me a new appreciation for my mom! I WOH p/t and that's my 'me time' sad to say (but I really enjoy my job so it's all good). Mother/parenthood is so exhausting yet rewarding! I think it's the monotony of the same thing (often multiple times in one day) that can aggravate me, such as vacuuming the floor just so it can get trashed minutes after, or listening to the same squabble just different toy. When it gets too much for me I tell the kids I'm taking a time-out and that helps calm me. When i first started doing that a couple years ago they thought it was hilarious and constantly interrupted me but now they are used to it (haha) and give me some peace. Of course an hour massage or day out shopping sans kids would be a lot better

Advertisement

crazylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:12 PM   #22
icanonlyimagine
Theres a Scent for that!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

oh gosh! I could have typed that post myelf mama! these past 2 weeks have been so insanely busy for me that I was serioulsy HONESTLY ashamed anytime a member of my family walked over the kitchen floor because when I was up, I was just too busy to mop it, and at the end of the day being too busy to run the swiffer over it I'm just too exhausted..... and apparently no one else knows how to push a mop so it has to be me

for you mama
Old 04-19-2011, 11:18 PM   #23
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yup! This is one of many reasons that DD goes to all day preschool from 9-3 two days a week. She loves it, and I (or when I'm working...grandma) get a much needed break.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #24
ColbyCreations
Registered Users
Formerly: naperica
seller
seller

My Mood:

I feel the same way sometimes, when I peeing (or the like) and I have four eyes watching me; when trying to just go to the supermarket, store, etc. and having to avert arguing/fights between the boys.

It is good to know that other Mama's feel the same way too. We are not bad parents. I have to keep telling myself that. It's just the 24hr a day on-call job that gets to me sometimes. I wonder what it would be like to work out of the home ??????

Sometimes I feel like I am beating myself down with how we are raising the boys though.....we do not have t.v. or video games, and we eat organic/vegan/dye-less food (I am in constant struggle with society on this one).

My yoga does help me try and channel and focus the goodness that IS in my life, and I guess I wouldn't really have it any other way (unless I would be doing it!).

May peace enter your days. Continue to raise your kids well. Mom's around the world are along for the ride with you, and support you!

Last edited by ColbyCreations; 04-20-2011 at 01:17 PM.
ColbyCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:22 PM   #25
dshoop
Registered Users

My Mood:

sometimes can I change my name from "Mom" to ANYTHING else???
Old 04-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #26
sstarfish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshoop View Post
sometimes can I change my name from "Mom" to ANYTHING else???

Yeah, but then, wouldn't it be "Anything else, anything else, anything else.... can you <insert something a kid needs often here, like wipe my butt>?" A rose by any other name......

Oh, and by the way everyone, today is a MUCH MUCH better day. My 1 yr old only woke up once last night to nurse, so I have more sleep under my belt, and my wonderful BFF (who, BTW, has 4 kids of her own under the age of 6) picked up my 4 and 2 yr olds this afternoon and is keeping them OVERNIGHT! DH and I are going out to dinner w/ our 1 yr old.

So again, I have to remember on the really bad days that this too shall pass.....
Old 04-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #27
alsatia23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel you! I have a 3 year old, 17 month old and I'm pregnant. I am feeling really run down lately, my kids are always screaming/whining/fighting or wanting/needing something (as children do, lol), I'm tired, exhausted and hormonal. Not a good combination at times