Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-21-2011, 12:40 AM   #41
Registered Users
Re: Crocs?

I get the Croc brand for my son & husband but my feet are too narrow and only one pair of their sandal type have ever fit me (and I love them). I have the Easy Spirt's that they did about 2 years ago. The fabric back are great for little ones. I had the 4/5 disney ones for my son and they are getting snug and the regular back is hard to use. So, I switched the new pair to the fabric style and they so much easier to get on.

Mom to my wonderfully sweet toddler who is the joy of our lives. :
pcjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:52 AM   #42
Registered Users
My Mood:

Don't like em. We got some last year and my DS didn't love them and the way they look kinda makes me cringe My DS will be wearing his Natives this Summer.

If you haven't seen this yet, you've gotta check them out.
Katie, loving wife to creative genius DH, Bob, and SAHM to the amazing Arlo (Dec15 '08)
Qbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:13 AM   #43
Registered Users
Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:

All my boys still wear Crocs, DS1 and 3 have needed new ones because of growth each summer but DS2 has worn his for over a year. They discontinued his favorite green color so we bought the next size up in them before they disappeared. They are still a little big. This is the ONLY thing I dont like, you absolutely can NOT size up, even a tiny bit because they will fall off.

They also have Teva's for more sturdy sandals and each get a pair of flip-flops and a nice pair of brown ones for dressing up.

I even have a pair for myself- the mary janes. I love them, they are comfy, easy to put on and kick off.
Hi, I'm Brittney
Wife to one amazing man.
Mom to FOUR amazing blessings.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:05 AM   #44
Registered Users
My Mood:

My 10 yr old DS has worn crocs for years, but we won't wear them as often this year. He recently tripped wearing crocs and cut his foot badly on the crocs. He tripped (over absolutely nothing in a friends front yard while running to the car) and the croc started to fall off. Then, as he stepped to try to regain balance, his heel came down hard right on the side of that little rivet thing that holds the strap on and it sliced him like a knife. He bled a lot and since it was right in the center of his heel he was limping for days.

I never would have thought a plastic rivet could cut that way, but he weighs 90 lbs and stepped on it hard since he was off balance. The crocs were properly sized, it just started to slide off from the force of him tripping.

We may still wear them to and from the pool since we already own them, but he definitely won't be wearing them as often. I thought they were great until this happened.
AZDesertRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:15 AM   #45
Registered Users
My Mood:
They are actually one of the few summer shoes my kids can wear. Most other hurt my boys feet. Oldest dd loves them too but is a shoe junkie so she wears lots of kinds.

"like" Scentsy From Debi on FB to learn about all my giveaways Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Debi momma to 4 munckin monsters
gypsysheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:02 AM   #46
Registered Users

It is all my DS will wear in the summer too. Last year he actually wore his out, so this year I got him 2 pairs. He also has SPD and chews on his if his chewy tube isn't handy
mama to 2 wonderful kids
Danielle0407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:55 AM   #47
Registered Users
My Mood:

I don't know what we're gonna do when Crocs aren't in style anymore (or maybe I'm kidding myself, and they aren't in style now..... ) because they are the first shoes that our kids learn to put on themselves! They make our lives w/ kids so much easier!

Of course we get the cheapo ones from Walmart or on clearance from the drugstore.....
Mama to 3 stars on Earth, and now 2 in the arms of Jesus
sstarfish is offline   Reply With Quote