Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2011, 12:35 AM   #11
naomi's mama
Registered Users
seller

Re: What does your toddler like to eat?

My kids usually we what we eat, but for snacks, lunch, I usually do:

SNACKS:
apples, pears, grapes, blueberries, cheese sticks, peas, edemame beans, nuts, dried fruit, natural apple sauce, chinese dumplings, sometimes crackers, fruit leather

LUNCH:
Peanut Butter/Jelly sandwich, turkey sandwich, grilled cheese, cheese quesadilla, grilled carrots, leftovers from dinner the night before.

Advertisement

naomi's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:08 AM   #12
purna079
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
From about 13-15 months my daughter turned really picky. It was kinda frustrated. I just kept offering the foods we were eating, thinking that eventually she will realize that that is all there is. Hopefully, that stage has past as she ate our dinner and lunches for the past week or so. My suggestion is always have bread on hand, pb an j, cheese, banannas. My LO has about 6 teeth so raw veggies are still out, but Im hoping she will eat more veggies soon. she went through a green bean phase and then a brocooli phase. now she seems to just like fruit.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
OoBeeSoap.com
purna079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:24 AM   #13
amandagodwin
Registered Users

he likes corn flakes
amandagodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:20 AM   #14
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DS is 15 months old and he loves fruit. It is usually a part of all meals and snacks. His favorites are grapes, strawberries, bananas and clementines. Two of his favorites meals are spaghetti (messy, but he loves it) and egg/swiss/spanish/bacon quiche I make. For veggies, I like to do soups (so the veggies are nice and soft) and just give him the veggies/pasta from it. Hope that helps mama!
Old 04-21-2011, 10:22 AM   #15
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Can someone tell me good veggies to start with when they have not so many teeth? I feel like I really missed the boat with our older kid because I was so worried she'd choke on everything and never served any, so now she won't touch anything but corn and peas, sparingly.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #16
Mwende
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Toddlers love snacking, so I usually just keep all the "snacks" I give my daughter super healthy. Plain yogurt with frozen fruit, humus and crackers, edamame, steamed broccoli, fresh fruits, roasted sweet potatoes, oatmeal (throw in a little flax seed meal). I've also noticed that if I give her a plate with a veggie, a fruit, and a starch or something, she'll avoid the veggie. So, I usually give her just the veggie and she'll eat it right away. Then, I'll introduce the other foods onto her plate.
Mwende is offline   Reply With Quote