Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
Crew&West
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
seller

Vent: I want to trade in my ODS! Any takers?!

Just venting! So the last couple of days this is me and ODS !! HE'S 2!!! WHY IN THE WORLD ARE WE ARGUING!

He doesn't listen to a thing DH and I say.. NOT A THING, he won't pick up toys, he fights me to the bathtub, he won't nap, he won't help. He was supposed to get his haircut today and he literally threw himself out of the chair screaming...so no haircut happened.. he's had a haircut before so it's nothing new to him. He refuses to eat anything we give him. It was honest to God a 30min crying/kicking/screaming fest to get him to eat 5 bites of chicken for lunch I cooked! Mind you that he said he wanted. He LOVES chicken, WTH?! He cries at EVERYTHING. Yesterday we went outside to play and he cried the whole time because brother was touching his bike, or brother wasn't going down the slide, or I gave him a timeout for pushing his brother down, or I told him we were out of bubbles. I had to take him in because I couldn't listen to it anymore and I felt bad for the neighborhood! It's like a never ending battle lately with him! If I try to give him options: red or blue he will pick blue and when I go to grab it he cries and says "no I want the red", he does this with ALL the choices we give him.

And I'm typing this while my YDS is beating his spoon against the bowl because it's funny! I need a vacation!

Advertisement

Old 04-21-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Vent: I want to trade in my ODS! Any takers?!

I'll trade my oldest for your oldest. He's picking on my 5-year old (those two rarely get along).
Old 04-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
Angel89411
Banned

Sounds like my DS was. He turns 3 Sunday and after a LOT of persistence and very thinning patience with many tears from all parties, he is a lot better. He still has his moments, but you can actually reason with the kid at times now.

I got so tired of the fits over everything, I started telling him I didn't want to hear it and would put him in his rooms and shut the door with instructions to not come out until he was done. I'd have to put him back in a few times at first and eventually I just told him to go to his room (which I still had to bring him at times). Now, if he gets upset because we say no or something, he runs into his room and shuts his door and cries for a few minutes then comes out fine without a word being said.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #4
DaisyDiaper728
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh...sounds like my ODD. She's 23 months today and yes, I know she just got a new baby sister 3 weeks ago, which is a lot to handle, but I'm seriously DONE with the crying/whining over EVERYTHING and the constant need for Mommy. She can't do ANYTHING herself all of a sudden...
Old 04-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #5
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

I find 2.5-3 WAY worse than 'the terrible twos' people tend to call 1.5-2ish
moonlightblonde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #6
Vivhop98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightblonde View Post
I find 2.5-3 WAY worse than 'the terrible twos' people tend to call 1.5-2ish
I hav always found 1.5-3 to be the terrible twos in my house. My two year old dd sounds just like your son.
Vivhop98 is offline   Reply With Quote