Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2011, 02:37 PM   #41
Kriket
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: milk, whole? 2% Skim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
Saturated fat from animals just does not cause heart disease. It really doesn't. Transfat does, and hydrogenated oils. But natural fat from animals is actually good for you, saturated or not. Humans have been eating animal fats for thousands of years and have only recently begun to die of degenerative diseases like heart disease and diabetes. The real culprit is SUGAR, not fat.
While I agree, and at risk of OTing my own thread, it's not good to eat too much of anything! 5 strips of bacon is gross no matter how you look at it. Unless you're talking per week.

Also, I think inactivity is the real culprit. Eat what you want, as long as you have to catch it/ grow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappa View Post
I really do understand your reasoning, but it made me laugh to think it is "natural" for humans to be drinking milk from cows. Humans typically wean by age 6 or so right? So if you really want to be natural then beyond that would water be the beverage of choice?
ITA. It's why so many people (myself included) are lactose intolerant. If we didn't get WIC, I wouldn't buy it. But, it's free, and can be put to use, so, I'm not going to get on my high horse

Advertisement

Old 04-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #42
Truckerswife
Registered Users
seller

we drink 1% would rather drink 2% but wic in my state only lets you get skim or 1% age 2 and over DS drinks whole milk and DD is still ebf
Old 04-21-2011, 07:54 PM   #43
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Whole milk... Raw, of course.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:56 PM   #44
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh.. Most lactose intolerant people can drink raw milk just fine (because it still has all the good enzymes).

Naturally raised meat is far more healthy than mass produced meat. So, grass fed cows have better fats in them and don't cause the health problems that corn fed cows do. And pastured chickens create healthier eggs. I think that (and inactivity) is a big part of it,