Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2007, 12:12 PM   #1
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
? growth curve comparison bw kids: My dd's 9 mo checkup

I took her in for her 9mo visit today. Apparently they screwed up her height measurement at her 6 mo visit bc they said she's lost 1/4" in height. It also appears that she's only gained a pound in three mos. She is happy and healthy otherwise, and beyond where they'd expect her to be in physical milestones. They just said that if her curve doesnt' take a turn upward at her 12mo visit, they'd start to worry about her growth pattern and want to check hormone levels or something.

Although she was over a pound heavier than her sister at birth, she is now the same height as her sis was at 6 months, and about the same weight as her sis at 8-9 mos.

I know all kids are different, even if they are from the same family. I guess I just want someone to tell me to ignore the growth charts.

Advertisement

yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 12:18 PM   #2
keikiko
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ? growth curve comparison bw kids: My dd's 9 mo checkup

My DD was 29 inches 27 lbs at 1 year... DS turned one on the 5th of June and is 26 inches 18 lbs... who'd a thunk it! So I've got like a 95+% little girl and a 10% little guy! But DS started walking earlier and says several words etc. so developementally they're both perfectly fine. I just try not to worry or even think about it. I love my little guy he is so tiny it's great to snuggle him like he's still a baby! My DD is 2.5 and wears 5T clothes--DS was wearing 3-6 month shorts yesterday! LOL! Plus I know I get fewer "who much longer are you gonna nurse that kid?" comments because most people assue DS is 9 months max--until he walks around and demands his ball I suppose!

Don't worry about it mama all kids are different. Just make sure your LO is eating well and relax--probably nothing to worry about.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:54 PM   #3
jdsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DS is almost 18 months and still hasnt reached 20lbs. Doc wanted to check for CF at 15 months.. I declined. Said if he didnt hit 20 lbs by 18 month, she wants to check thyroid... i will decline again at that point. My family has a history of small babies/kids who are healthy and normal.. i think everyone grows at their own pace, adn as long as they are happy and healthy.. i say leave em be.
jdsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:09 PM   #4
GrahamBaby4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Definitely Ignore the Growth Charts.
I drove myself 1/2 crazy over them with DS1 and again with ds2... with ds3 we were all laughing....

DS1 Born 7lbs 10oz 20.5" long..... at 12 mo he was 36" tall and weighed 33lbs
DS2 Born 9lbs 14oz 22" long ...... at 12 mo he was 33" tall and weighed just over 28lbs
DS3 Born 7lbs 3.5oz 20.5" long...... at 12mo he was 26" tall and weighed in at a whoping 24lbs... he is now almsot 4 years old he is 3ft 2" tall and weighs 31lbs.... these were my second son's stats at 2 years od age!!! and my oldest at about 15months (for height) and 10 mo for weight....

They are all soooo different. just take a look at the curve, as long as they are going up.... all is good (we also had an incredible shrinkage with ds 2.... the culprit was they went from length by measuring him laying down to length by him standing up... he shrunk quite a bit at that point LOL, and now the doctor just looks at them and says, well, you have 2 off the charts (one each direction and one following the 50% line....I guess it isn't so unusual, she just smiles and says, they are all different, they are all themselves)
GrahamBaby4 is offline   Reply With Quote