Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-20-2011, 01:10 PM   #1
purna079
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Distractions

So today is my eddbased on LMP, next friday would be the edd based on conception. Any tips for distractions? I have alot of Easter baking to do but thatisnt until Friday. And I feel depressed because I feel this babywill nevercome.....which is not good for my oxytocin levels!

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

Advertisement

OoBeeSoap.com
purna079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:33 PM   #2
doubleddog
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Distractions

What's helped me a lot lately is focusing on my DD. I finished all the nesting stuff I could think to do over a week ago, so I've been working on putting extra time/energy into DD and looking for fun little Easter gifts for her.

Have also been researching like crazy to prep for this birth. Looking into ways to avoid induction/c section for post-due baby and trying to gather as much info as possible about my induction options.

I'm planning on celebrating the 40 week mark (this friday for me) by taking some family photos at church while we're all dressed up and going out to dinner that night. It's an important milestone and I want to make some great memories!

And of course I'm taking advantage of the little moments with DH. We're trying to spend time together as much as possible and every time we DTD I try to remind myself that it could be last time for a while... Trying to take advantage of the chance to do that right now too.
Babywearing, CDing SAHM. I love my DH and my 3 sweet girls, looking forward to meeting team green baby #4 April 2013.
doubleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
MamaBird06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my edd was yesterday, but according to my calculations it is 4/24, I was temping and charting so I am pretty sure of when I O'ed and when dd was conceived, so even though i am 'overdue' i know i am not. I am just going about my day as usual. Ds and I went out shopping, I spend some time surfing the net, and I am trying to stay on top of all the household chores which distracts me. I broke down and bought easter candy for the family hunt and some drinks, I originally convinced myself I would be in the hospital this weekend giving birth, but now I am not sure, so I am trying to prepare for everything and that keeps me distracted. I have also been watching more movies and sleeping better (thanks goodness!) which takes a few more hours away to have to busy myself.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:48 PM   #4
Paisleesmomma
Registered Users
seller

GOOD QUESTION! facebook and diaperswappers have taken over my days! and I can't get my mind off "the bump"! the weather hasn't been favorable past 2 days either!

have been trying to spend floor time with DD...puzzles, coloring, etc. just Mommy and Paislee time...I wish so much I could have more time with DH...it just doesn't seem to happen much since he works seconds...and is off Th-Fri which I babysit on...so our time is little....but he should be home in an hour...I try to tell myself every night if we would DTD a little more maybe this baby would come out! but ...I am usually getting way to tired by the time he is home and settled in since I have to get up early to babysit maybe tonight! LOL I'll drink a little caffeine or something!

sorry I stole your thread to rant a little...just thought I'd let you know you are NOT alone
Old 04-20-2011, 08:30 PM   #5
purna079
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks guys, It sucks looking for distractions. But i got a big one today. DH got 2 moving violations = $251. Yuck! Actually it wasnt really a distraction so much as an addition to my depression. I thought it was POST-partum depression not pre-partum. Im supposed to be feeling great right now, what is wrong with me?

But anyway, I have been trying to spend lots of time with my DD. I know I will miss these times I have with JUST her. Tomorrow is my last day of DH being away all day, then he is home for 3 straight days. But then on Monday he goes to Pennsylvania. Maybe not if I time things correctly!]

My mom was great today. She was giving a test and afterwards had the students watch 2 movies about pregnancy. She invited me and DD over to watch them. I brought her lunch and we watched them. Made the day go by fast. I just cant shake this depressed feeling though....dont know what it is!

Stay strong girls, its almost over. Thats what I keep telling myself.
OoBeeSoap.com
purna079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:54 PM   #6
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Gah! Labor vibes being sent your way - I really hope you go will DH home.

We need to be strong and focus on the positive - it really helped me to take time for myself this evening.

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:05 AM   #7
dill_partyof7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i keep trying to take long moments to listen to some music, pray, read my bible, and stay off the computer! But then I always end up back on the computer- hehe. I can't stay away.

AS far as another distraction idea, I think i am going to take a trip to the mall and walk around...
dill_partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote