Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
sandrc
Registered Users
seller

gaining weight

with my first DD I only gained 30 pounds the entire pregnancy.

this time I've gained 30 pounds already and I'm 26 weeks. I've been gaining about 2 pounds a week for over a month now. i'm not eating too much (just when i'm hungry and i only eat small amounts) i started out this pregnancy at 134 and at my appt yest i was 164. my dr said the baby is measuring on track and for me to just not gain another 30 pounds.
i'm worried that i'll gain too much and the baby will wind up too big.
how much did you gain so far and how much in past pregnancies? is there anything i should be worried about?

Advertisement

Old 04-21-2011, 08:24 AM   #2
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Re: gaining weight

I gained 35 lbs with DS (baby #1) and he was a May baby so I didn't do a lot of excercise since I was pg over winter. With baby #2 I gained 26 lbs but she was born in Sept so I walked everyday and that helped. This time at my 30 wk appt I've gained 21 lbs and I think it's because I haven't done any walking or excercising due to the fact that it's been winter. I'm also very nervous because I don't want to gain much more, but again the snow is just melting so we haven't been able to get out at walk.

But most of all I think that we gain differently with each baby. I think we do gain as much as we need. If you aren't eating too much, I wouldn't worry.
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:02 AM   #3
loving my family
Registered Users

Well I did terrible with my first I started out at 123lbs when I was done I weighed 203 thats 80 lbs. I am only 5ft4 so my body goes crazy and packs everything on me my DD was only 7lbs 8oz. at birth. It was alot of work but lost the weight its been that way for all my pregnancy's lots of weight gain then more work to loose it. I feel your pain 1 thing that is a huge help for after your done being pregnant is ICE WATER for every 8oz of chilled ICE WATER drank it takes 120 calories for your body to warm it up! it helps So if you drink your 8 8oz glasses a day thats chilled thats 960 calories you burn for free!
loving my family is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:13 AM   #4
OneFishTwoFish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you are eating like a normal person and active, then I wouldn't worry about it too much. But that's easier said than done, I know!

I gained 28lbs with Ben. So far I think I am up about 21 and I am 29 weeks tomorrow. If I recall correctly though, I stopped gaining so much in my third trimester. There were even weeks where I lost. I worked out every day and I do the same now. So I am trying not to stress about it, but I'm not good at not worrying about my weight, I am not a small girl to begin with.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:46 PM   #5
jensea98
Registered Users
seller

I gained 27lb with my first. I am 26 weeks and have gained 10lb so far. I struggle with this also. It makes me anxious to gain weight even though I know I need to for the baby. Baby is measuring 1lb 90z at 24 weeks so all looks good there.
jensea98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:16 PM   #6
HollyBennett
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ive gained just as much as you mama. I normally gain 45lbs during pregnancy so im not to worried. as long as what you are eating is healthy food and not junk you'll be ok.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:38 AM   #7
sbbeana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've gained 22lbs to date which means 10 of those lbs was just in this last month!
Old 04-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #8
3x a mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've gained about 24 so far with this one and I am 28 weeks tomorrow. I gained 43 with my first and 45 with my second, so I expect I'll be right around there this time. Of course I was still hanging on to 10 from DS2 this time around! LOL. I have been watching the scale a bit more, and trying to do better with my water intake, so hopefully that helps. Now that it is finally warming up, it is easier for me to get out and walk the dog, etc. Don't stress too much about it, as long as you're not overindulging in junk, you'll be fine!
3x a mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:02 PM   #9
ariannasmommy22
Registered Users
seller

I've gained 15 so far and pretty happy with that. 10 in my first trimester and 5 in my 2nd. I gained 40 lbs with DD. I ate like crap with her because she was my first and I thought I could "get away with it". Well, it took 2 years for the extra weight to come off and once it did...I got pregnant again! woohoo. I would love to keep it around 20-30 lbs with this one. But, I'm not stressing about it. I drink ALOT of water, work out regularly, and eat pretty healthy. I make sure the baby is getting fed well. Especially in the 2nd trimester when muscles and bone were developing. The 3rd trimester is alot of brain development so I'll up my fish intake.