Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2011, 07:03 PM   #21
dill_partyof7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Friday 4/22 chat

Keep us posted Jess!

I just came back from walking the mall for like an hour or two. I was feeling really contractiony all day. Had some good intense deep ones today that seemed promising, plus the usual all day super BH( I call them). They never got close together though. I took a hot bubble bath, which is sooo not my norm. Had contractions whilein the bath. I went ahead and cleaned after not caring all day about the mess- I wanted nothing to do with it earlier. Then I piled out the house with my 3 girls and went to the mall to get out the house.
Had some good contractions - intense and deep and holding long- but nothing unbearably painful. I did have to breathe through them. Not because of the pain, but because of the intensity of the tightness. It did lift my spirits that something could actually be made of this this weekend.
Course now I have a really sore pelvis, but that is nothing new. I also have super tender lower abdomen, but that is usual as well. Trying not to get my hopes up, but this weekend would be ultra nice for my little bean to come out before my 41 weeks appt on Monday.

Advertisement

dill_partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:41 PM   #22
doubleddog
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good Friday service was really good, then DD slept all the way to my appt and the appt itself went well too. Dr. Offered to induce me Monday but I turned him down. 3 days after my due date just feels way too soon. I want to give my body a chance to do its thing. I am making some progress though... Dilated one more cm over te last week (which impressed me, knowing the baby wasn't clicked in for 4 days straight this week). He stripped my membranes again and I bought some EPO and took my first dose. Have been having irregular but fairly strong contractions since my appointment. Hoping they either intensify a ton or fizzle out by tomorrow because my family is planning on dropping by and I just hate mildly laboring around them.

I am a super hoping to avoid an induction, even more now that I talked to my Dr about it. He uses only citotec to induce and I am just really uncomfortable with the concept of that. I've read too many horror stories about cytotec. DH on the other hand has been ready for the past month and was pretty bummed that I didn't go for the induction suggestion. Dr is totally fine with me waiting another week to schedule an induction. He is out of town again next week though (leaving this friday) so it's possible a different Dr could be delivering.
Babywearing, CDing SAHM. I love my DH and my 3 sweet girls, looking forward to meeting team green baby #4 April 2013.
doubleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #23
haddockhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My doctor is going to be out of town next weekend too. She's willing to wait until 2 more weeks to induce me... REALLY hoping it doesn't come down to that b/c I don't want to use pitocin with having had a c/s. I may let her do that foli bulb a week from now if she hasn't come by then.
HOWEVER.... I've been super crampy since yesterday. DH and I DTD, then I went shopping (looking for DD some Tball pants) at 2 walmarts & a Target. Did a couple laps around both of those places. Now for an hour and a half I've been having contractions every 10 minutes. Some more intense than others, but more regular than they've been yet.
Gonna try to get some sleep tonight, hopefully they'll intensify & something will be going on tomorrow morning!!!
haddockhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:12 PM   #24
doubleddog
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddockhouse View Post
My doctor is going to be out of town next weekend too. She's willing to wait until 2 more weeks to induce me... REALLY hoping it doesn't come down to that b/c I don't want to use pitocin with having had a c/s. I may let her do that foli bulb a week from now if she hasn't come by then.
HOWEVER.... I've been super crampy since yesterday. DH and I DTD, then I went shopping (looking for DD some Tball pants) at 2 walmarts & a Target. Did a couple laps around both of those places. Now for an hour and a half I've been having contractions every 10 minutes. Some more intense than others, but more regular than they've been yet.
Gonna try to get some sleep tonight, hopefully they'll intensify & something will be going on tomorrow morning!!!
Sounds like we're having very similar symptoms! Hope you go into labor for sure soon!! I'm also having contractions about every 10 minutes I would guess. I will not time them and have been trying to distract myself however I can. Every time I go to the bathroom there is a little more pink in the mucous. Nothing as red as I had last week though, so not getting my hopes up just yet.
Babywearing, CDing SAHM. I love my DH and my 3 sweet girls, looking forward to meeting team green baby #4 April 2013.
doubleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:50 PM   #25
Paisleesmomma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleddog View Post
Sounds like we're having very similar symptoms! Hope you go into labor for sure soon!! I'm also having contractions about every 10 minutes I would guess. I will not time them and have been trying to distract myself however I can. Every time I go to the bathroom there is a little more pink in the mucous. Nothing as red as I had last week though, so not getting my hopes up just yet.
me 3! and I haven't been able to go to sleep yet ...it's 1:46am! when I lay down I feel nauseous and cramped up...sitting here at the computer my back is cramped and killer! I so want a few hours of sleep before the real deal happens though...so hoping staring at this screen for a bit will do it!

Did try to check myself tonight...and WOW definite difference in last night...I cannot reach the back of my cervix...but the opening could only fit about 2-3 fingers yesterday to 4+ tonight! and the rim feels much different..just not sure how to describe it but I'm pretty fascinated to find such a difference in 24 hours! K back seriously killing me and tightening up gonna move around and try to make myself SLEEP!