Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2007, 08:20 PM   #1
katmarie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Question Sleep and the One Year Old

So, a little background. DS has had pretty bad reflux that is finally starting to subside. For the first 9+ months, he was waking 8-10 times a night. Finally in the last month and a half or so, he's gotten a lot better and no only wakes 3-5 times a night. And he's usually easy to get back to sleep. He just wants to nurse. We cosleep.

For the last two weeks, he has been staying up until 9:30 or 10:30. He's happy and active during that time. He often only takes one nap a day now. 2-3 hours. He doesn't usually nap late in the day. He wakes up between 6-7 am. What is going on?? Is this at all normal? Any ideas for how to get him down earlier? We take him for walks in the evenings and try to keep it calm around here. I need a break in the evening!

Tonight I thought we got lucky. He fell asleep nursing at 7:30, but he woke up at 8:30 as though it was just a nap. AGHHHH! So he's been up for the last hour. Who knows when he'll go to sleep.

HELP!

Advertisement

katmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:51 PM   #2
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Re: Sleep and the One Year Old

I think it's normal for any age baby or young toddler to have frequent random changes in their sleep patterns. I wish I knew how to get my DD to sleep earlier For the past couple months she takes a nap around 7pm, then stays awake until 3 or 4 am and sleeps till noon or 1. I guess you should feel lucky
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote