Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-03-2011, 12:49 AM   #1
mercyscreation
Registered Users

My Mood:
Inconsistent OPK's

My DD is 14 months and down to B****** about 3x per day. I've been tracking since I got my period back about 3 months ago. I'm still learning so I may be doing stuff wrong and also can't temp as my daughter still wakes during the night. I've used OPk's more to confirm my ov. signs than to really tell me when I'm ovulating. But the last 2 months I've gotten "close" to positive opk's one day (the test line isn't quite as dark as the control) and then following days it gets dimmer and then nothing by the 2nd day past the "not quite positive". So, I'm confused. Are my surges just not quite high enough to really register pos on an OPK? Or am I not ovulating?

P.S. my cervical fluid never really goes to egg whites. more like creamy foggy color/consistency to slippery clear consistency.

Advertisement

~Alicia wife to bestie for 6 years ! Mommy to 2 beauties Gracie (1/30/10) & Lily (6/20/06), and my strong man Declan (5/4/12). I'm a CD'ing, sometimes wearing, exclusive BF, extended rear facing & harnessing, super frugal SAHM!

Last edited by mercyscreation; 04-03-2011 at 12:51 AM. Reason: forgotten info
mercyscreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:46 AM   #2
pnutandmunchkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Inconsistent OPK's

You may not be ovulating yet or it could be you just haven't caught the surge. When are you doing your OPKs? When I was TTC, I would always do them twice daily, once in the morning and then again after I got home from work. More times than not, my surge was on the afternoon and would be gone by the morning. I recommend doing them twice daily or if you only want to do once, then do them in the late afternoon when LH is most likely to surge. Also the slippery clear consistency mucus is also know as fertile mucus. They call it "watery" on Fertility Friend. Since I haven't had my first PPAF, anytime I see that watery discharge or the EWCM, I'm extra careful. I don't think I've o'd yet, but only God knows when that first egg pops out. Good luck!
Old 04-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
TaraR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have that happen too. Last month it drove me crazy and I finally got a + at cd 40 then started AF 6 days later. I still BF about 5-6 times a day. You might be gearing up to O and then your body just stops.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:05 PM   #4
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:

OPK's can be not the best way to confirm ovulation. You can miss your surge. TCOYF has a chapter where she says not to rely on them they don't work for everyone. What are your temps doing? What about your cervix?
Old 04-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #5
mercyscreation
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't temp because my DD still wakes up every night. My cervix does move from low to high but I haven't been able to tell a difference of whether or not it's open or closed...it always feels open to me. But I've had 2 babies vag. delivery so maybe that makes a difference. I've been testing usually 1x per day and mostly in the afternoon between 2 & 3.
~Alicia wife to bestie for 6 years ! Mommy to 2 beauties Gracie (1/30/10) & Lily (6/20/06), and my strong man Declan (5/4/12). I'm a CD'ing, sometimes wearing, exclusive BF, extended rear facing & harnessing, super frugal SAHM!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #6
TaraR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Temping is impossible for me as well so I don't even bother. My cervix will change often and my CM is very inconsistent while nursing. I have had 3 BIG babies vaginally so my cervix is always open to a degree and with my last baby being just 9 months ago it is pointless to check it now when nothing is totally bounced back. I use opk's as my main indicator for the moment and really it is better than inconsistent temps and crazy CM. I put it all my TCOYF software but it just jacks things up most of the time. I can "feel" the impending O pains/swelling and coupled with opk's I just use that. If I get a patch of EW it is an even better indication.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:57 PM   #7
mercyscreation
Registered Users

My Mood:

What's EW?
Quote:
a + at cd 40 then started AF 6 days later
I don't know what that is either... sorry I'm not very good at the abbreviations yet.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:07 AM   #8
pnutandmunchkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

EW- egg white cervical mucus.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:16 AM   #9
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What time of the day are you using the OPKs?
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:57 AM   #10
mercyscreation
Registered Users

My Mood:

Update: I'm not sure if I've been fully ovulating so far or just gearing up for it then not quite having enough of a surge to get there. This time my signs are SUPER strong (cervix VERY high and VERY closed and hard, then very noticeably open). Still didn't get a super dark line on the opk but I think that was my fault. I wasn't expecting to OV til friday but I'm pretty sure I did today. No EW though...hm...I guess I'll keep testing and checking through the weekend. We'll see. Only God REALLY knows!