Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-27-2011, 04:28 AM   #1
Registered Users
fleece cover help!

i need an overnight solution because idk what to do with my 13m dd.

The past week i have been monitoring her milk intake because she keeps peeing through diapers in bed. its not a diaper malfunction as they are just completely saturated to the point i could ring them out! and that was with 2mf and a hemp in our pocket diaper!
she is also peeing throufh and breaking (exploding) sposie overnight dipes too.

last night with the exploding sposie she only had a full sippy at dinner (6pm) and a half before bed at 830pm so about 12oz total. her sposie exploded with gel everywhere!

i want to stick with cloth but i used a sposie to make sure its her and not the diaper and it is.

but what next? she wont go to bed without milk or water (i try to stick with water). sge wont take a paci anymore nor do i want to restart that.

In terms of a diaper for night time what is my best option? would a fleece diaper cover be a good idea? what will hold the most until i can wean her of her bedtime sippy???

help! im at wits end with diapers s, pee, and doing so much pee laundry!

Kara - mommy 2 a stillborn angel DS, dd Rylee 3/2010, ds2 3/2011,

ISO/IHA (diapers!!) List :: FS: Baby Legs, Jewelry & More Here!
karaboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:40 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Hi mama-- at night, we use a Drybees nighttime fleece pocket, stuffed with an organic flip insert wrapped around a loopydo. Over all of that, a pair of interlock shorties or an interlock soaker. It's bulky, but we've never had a leak using this on my supersoaker son!
I'm Karen (43), soon-to-be divorced single mama to Noah (11.23.04) and Elijah(2.11.09). Trying to get right with myself and get my life back together. Looking for my zen place in the universe.
FrenchTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:46 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: fleece cover help!

I think you'd have better luck cutting down on intake than finding a diaper to holds that much output. I'm never a fan of saying no to drinking, especially water, but maybe you can offer her more before dinner, during the afternoon, and less AT dinner. Then start slowly giving her fewer ounces at bedtime. I don't have anything to offer in terms of diaper solutions. If a sposie doesn't work, that's a LOT of pee!!!
SAHM to Kaleb Jaylan and Georgia who spend all day or . Really, it's my own personal piece of heaven.
ISO: Girly pull-on trainers with no PUL, non waterproof.
Mom22Boys2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:43 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:
Big ol' fitted with hemp, and wool or fleece over. That's the only thing that worked for DD. She doesn't wet as much now (just turned 2), so a regular fitted is fine. I use Bububebe with all 3 soakers, but SBish magic would work too. But at the height of her powers, the only thing that worked was SBish snapless with its big soaker, plus 2 hemp, preferably 1 of them a GAD folded to have twice the layers in the front (tummy sleeper).
Loving mama through surrogacy. Induced lactation for 9 months for DD 3/31/09 and doing it again for DS 12/9/2010!
IHA: el bees, NWT NB fleece wrap, Softbums mini pods, yarn - DD, DH, RB, ATTD etc., more yarn, girl longies, Bottombumpers, baby girl clothes, vintage flats
fallaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:51 AM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: fleece cover help!

wool will absorb more than fleece but fleece is a good option if you don't want to do wool. I agree with pp, maybe give less fluid earlier so she can still have it at bedtime. good luck!!
Check out my shop
Available in August 2012 DUNS Sweden, 100% Organic Swedish children's clothes
knotfabulous is offline   Reply With Quote