Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #1
Frizbee28
Registered Users

So many overnight options!

We've been using prefolds on my DS for almost 17 months now. We're starting to have problems with the overnights. We've been doubling up the prefolds. He has very sensitive skin and is breaking out in a bright red rash due to the fact that his diapers are still soaking wet even with the doubling up.

I've been able to purchase a couple BGs and a FB and have been trying those with three microfiber inserts and they have been working for the most part. But the past two nights he's been leaking.

I'm wondering what you guys use for the overnights. I'm so overwhelmed with all the different options. I thought that the pocket diapers would work well because they are keeping the moisture away from his skin and now I'm not so sure.

What is your go-to for overnights for your heavy wetters? What has worked and what doesn't?

Thanks so much!

Advertisement

Frizbee28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
FrenchTeacher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hi mama -- I recommend trying a Drybees nighttime fleece pocket. You can stuff it with almost
Old 04-26-2011, 06:18 PM   #3
MayasMommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: So many overnight options!

Wow, three MF inserts sounds like a LOT! We use FBs here, and for our 18 month old DD I'll put one microfiber insert and one hemp doubler, or at the most one hemp insert (JoeyBunz are very trim) and one MF insert and it keeps her dry all night long. You might be leaking because the diaper is too bulky.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:43 AM   #4
Frizbee28
Registered Users

Re: So many overnight options!

Thanks ladies! Any other suggestions out there and/or things to avoid?
Frizbee28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:50 AM   #5
Mamma527
Registered Users
seller
seller

Try a flip organic. You can still use the pockets, but the organics hold a ton. You may need a hemp or bamboo doubler with it.