Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-26-2006, 04:29 PM   #41
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Am I being unreasonable? (sorry...long)

i didnt read any replies, but i only wanted me and thomas- period. i eneded up with me, a doc and a few nurses and i dunno what kind of other people and a couple neonatal people cause of some stupid stuff by the curtaiN at the actual delivery. totally NOT cool. my mom and brother were in the hospital just not in the room with me, my brother was 6 and kicked out anbd banished to the waiting room for most of my labor and my mom mostly sat out there with him. she saw my son 20ish mins after he was born., and no one else was there to come piling in there!!

and to whoever was complaining abut not holding the baby, or so and so didnt hold the baby yet or whatever, i did not let ANYONE, you saw that right, ANYONE hold my son but me and a couple docs and nurses until my son was almost 5 months old. I wanted his daddy to be the first to hold him and he was in md and we were in nc but thats besides the point, and most people think a wee bit psycho and uncalled for. oh well. but yeah, if anyone complains, let them know what i said LOL.

Mindy, mommy to a very adorablelittle guy! , my UC'd baby boy!& my brand new UC'd baby GIRL
I love my babies!
Need money?
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:07 PM   #42
Registered Users

Good luck; I hope you have your baby tonight! I'm still sitting here, no luck with the acupuncture or anything else, hoping to avoid the c/s they keep threatening if I go too long.

It's perfectly fine for your IL's to be annoyed with you for not doing things their way; you stick to your guns, and they'll get over it. Sorry your plans for the weekend didn't go the way you hoped, though.
Linda -- proud mom of Rachel (20), Joshua (15), Elisheva (7), and Moshe (3), and 2 wonderful grown stepdaughters.
momof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:38 PM   #43
Registered Users
My Mood:

I think that you have to do what's right for "your family" (you, hubby & your babies) reguardless of what other's might think is right!! I'm sorry that your family is having such a hard time being respectful of you...

some of my family had a really hard time understanding why they couldn't be here right after zander was born, but for heaven's sake, it was our birth & he's our baby & now they've had 2 years to come over & see him anytime they want & they don't make it over too often!!

I think some people just think "new baby, I gotta be there holding the baby"... when what they should be thinking is, "New baby, maybe I should clean their house so they can hold their new baby!"
Jennifer, mommy to zander, 5/30/04 & maddie, 7/8/07 & lizzie 10/01/09
born at home, breastfed, cloth diapered, co-sleeping, gently disciplined & loved
Cleaning out the closets! New Cloth Wipes & Embroidered Shirts $6/dozen & /shirt!
mommy2zander is offline   Reply With Quote