Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2011, 08:25 AM   #61
lauren420
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Strangers asking to hold baby?

If a little old lady came up and asked me to hold my baby, I would more than likely say yes, nothing brigtens the day of an elderly person more than holding a wee one. But other than that, I would be inclined to say no....

Advertisement

Old 04-28-2011, 09:02 AM   #62
the_oz_girl
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've had it happen. I just told them we're in the process of getting over a really nasty virus in the house. No one wants to hold a mysteriously ill baby, no one. They also stop wanting to touch, kiss and otherwise be around, lol.
the_oz_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:12 PM   #63
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just yesterday I had another Mom at a playgroup pick up my 10month old daughter and put her in her lap. She was crawling around the room and I was sitting on the floor with my son not two feet from where she was. I didn't really know what to do and it was very awkward because I wasn't sure if I should tell her to put her down or what. I essentially did nothing (but watch her like a hawk....haha) and after a few minutes she put her back on the floor and she crawled back over to me. I don't know what I'll do if this happens again.
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:47 PM   #64
pcjs
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke789 View Post
Just yesterday I had another Mom at a playgroup pick up my 10month old daughter and put her in her lap. She was crawling around the room and I was sitting on the floor with my son not two feet from where she was. I didn't really know what to do and it was very awkward because I wasn't sure if I should tell her to put her down or what. I essentially did nothing (but watch her like a hawk....haha) and after a few minutes she put her back on the floor and she crawled back over to me. I don't know what I'll do if this happens again.
I wouldn't worry in a situation like that where she probably thought she was helping or your daughter was just that cute. I'd watch like a hawk too but I wouldn't panic if it is an enclosed/confined place and baby is not screaming.