Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2007, 01:17 PM   #1
ashleynjacy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question My dd is an insomniac!

We have always had a hard time putting her to sleep. Now even nap time is like torture She screams and screams. If I let her fall asleep on her own she is up until 11! Plus she will still wake up at 7 am! WHat am I suppose to do? We coslept the first year but she tries to get off the bed plus she flips around all night. My mother and I both have a hard time sleeping and I am wondering if this is genetic....? We have a routine so its not that....

Advertisement

Old 06-13-2007, 05:29 PM   #2
ashleynjacy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My dd is an insomniac!

Old 06-13-2007, 05:37 PM   #3
tatertots
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

to you mama! I am not really sure what to say, both DC are really good at getting to sleep. The only things I can think of (unless you already do them) are have a night light in her room, we have one of those glade light shows and that really helps, distracts them long enough that they get tired and fall asleep. Also we play music in both their rooms, the really soft baby classical stuff, they both like it and I think it helps them to fall asleep. To me that might make a difference so they are not just laying there in the dark with it really quiet.
I really hope you can figure out something that works for you!
Pamela SAHM to Eli 5 and Chloe 2 and a very proud AF WIFE! Expecting #3 in October
tatertots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:07 PM   #4
mamabear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It sounds to me like she may be OVERtired, and not able to let herself fall asleep. to you and the babe.

Can you wear her about an hour before her normal bedtime, let her fall asleep and lay her in bed? I've had to do that before with my kids - Life is just WAY too exciting to let slip by! This calmed them, especially if I took them for a walk in the fresh air. Restraining them a bit in the MT or the Moby helped, too. And even now (I have an 11yo, 4yo, 2 1/2yo and a 1yo), if they go to bed past their regular time, they actually wake up earlier the next morning and are grumpy little bears.

Hope you all get some rest soon!
mamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:20 PM   #5
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

No idea..

I have a 2 1/2 year old who stopped napping now that she has a "big girl bed". She also thinks it's playtime 24/7. We had to put her toys in her closet and put baby gate up every night so she has nothing but some stuffed animals, and the one freakin' button on her kitchen set that makes sounds to play with. We start bedtime at like 8pm, and she won't go to sleep until 10 some nights. On really good nights - when she's overtired - she will throw an unholy fit. Think pounding, clawing and kicking at the baby gate on her door. Oh and my personal favorite she'll throw herself into the wall just behind her door - or the door itself (open or closed).

I'm at a loss with her .. that's why my boyfriend handles bedtime. I can't risk her kicking me in the stomach (unknowingly of course).

If you find something that works please by all means let me know!!!!
ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:10 PM   #6
sweety13
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had the same issues with my 2 yr old as of tomorrow When he was 9 mts he was diagnosed with enlarged tonsils. Have your ped rule that out, because it was like he just could not sleep. He would scream at bedtime, so I just ended up cosleeping, well, noone was getting sleep.All night he would toss and turn, and sleep in 15 minute spurts if that! He did have tonsils out at 14 mths, and as scary as it was, wow does he sleep now! Bed by 8, asleep til 7, and DOES NOT wake up ALL night! I am all caught up on sleep. I wish you the best, and some sleep for you too, but if it is a tonsil issue, which maybe has been overlooked, there is a solution! I hope it is just a stage, and if not I hope you get a solution quickly! It is hard for everyone to run on empty
sweety13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:31 PM   #7
mamabear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sweety, what was it about his tonsils that kept him from sleeping? Was he not getting enough air to take deep breaths during sleep? I've never heard of that...
mamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:48 PM   #8
ashleynjacy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

she sleeps in a crib next to my bed....