Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2007, 04:01 PM   #11
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Re: Move over Britax & Radian-I want a Recaro!

Radian is 17". Regent is wider than 20" I am not sure by how much.

Advertisement

Prettylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:54 PM   #12
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
Formerly: stayinhomewithmy5
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle8903 View Post
I wonder how the width is in comparison to the Britax Regent or Radian 80. Anyone know?
Radian is 14" across the seat, 17" at the widest part of the back. Regent is 21.5".

BTW, the Radian80 won't get kids anywhere near 80 lbs because the top slots aren't high enough. Sunshine Kids left them the same height as the Radian65 and most kids don't even make it to 65 lbs in that seat before they outgrow it height wise. Sunshine Kids is saying that you can use it when the kids shoulders are above the top slots, but lots of techs aren't in agreement with that because having the straps below the shoulders (when forward facing) can cause spinal compression in an accident. So, I personally don't even consider the Radian80 as a choice, for my kids anyway, because it wouldn't get us any more use than the 65 and it's so much more expensive.
stayinhomewithmy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:02 PM   #13
AmandaS
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't see what the harness weight limit was.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:17 PM   #14
Michelle8903
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinhomewithmy3 View Post
Radian is 14" across the seat, 17" at the widest part of the back. Regent is 21.5".

BTW, the Radian80 won't get kids anywhere near 80 lbs because the top slots aren't high enough. Sunshine Kids left them the same height as the Radian65 and most kids don't even make it to 65 lbs in that seat before they outgrow it height wise. Sunshine Kids is saying that you can use it when the kids shoulders are above the top slots, but lots of techs aren't in agreement with that because having the straps below the shoulders (when forward facing) can cause spinal compression in an accident. So, I personally don't even consider the Radian80 as a choice, for my kids anyway, because it wouldn't get us any more use than the 65 and it's so much more expensive.
That's good to know, I had no idea. That was the seat I was considering before I saw the Signo. The Radian definitely would not work then. DD is in the 90th percentile for height and I know she will outgrow carseats in height way before weight. Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaS View Post
I didn't see what the harness weight limit was.
Here's a link that shows a comparison of the Recaro Young Sport, Como and Signo. The harnessed weight limits on the Como and Signo is 70lbs.

http://www.strollandgo.com/Recaro-Chld-Seat_c_109.html

Last edited by Michelle8903; 06-14-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Michelle8903 is offline   Reply With Quote