Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #1
Ky&AbMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Talking Myah Leona Mae

Alright, its been a week so I will try my best to remember everything

I was due April 22nd(21st according to the clinic), my whole pregnancy had been a battle, pains/ultrasounds/checking this & that etc, and then my dr decides to take off from the 14th-26th on holiday lol (after he had talked about the whole pregnancy being worried my baby was going to be TOO big to deliver naturally if I made it to my dd or went over). Well, April 22nd comes and goes and still nothing, I went 15 days over with my 2nd and she was 10lb 6oz and my dr said this was "another one" haha (we also did not know what we were having) but having 2 girls with AWESOME pregnancies, we were SURE this was a boy!

I had read on my birth board that alot of the ladies were taking EPO, ive also heard it can rupture your membranes, so I figured, Ill give it a try, NOTHING else is working, so on Saturday the 23rd, I took 3 vaginally at night, and then Sunday aftternoon while I had a nap while my parents took my girls for easter hunting at their house, I took 3 more, weeeeeell low and behold(I have NEVER had my water break before) my water broke that night, I was walking to my room from putting the girls to bed and all of a sudden my underwear were wet, I thought I just peed myself, so I ignored it, changed, and then about half hr later I was sitting on the bed and felt a little "gush", stood up just as hubby was walking in and felt it going down my leg, I said "ummm honey, I think my water broke" hes like "what?" haha, in total shock :P So I called Maternity, and my cousin was working that night, told me to come in and get it checked to make sure (sure enough it was) got sent home, and she was SURE she would see me that night, nope...monday comes, nothing, they tell me starting Tuesday morning I will need to start going for antibiotics every 4hrs

Tuesday morning at 10am I show up for my anti's and get it started, finish, get told to come back at 2pm and they will give me another round and POSSIBLY induce me (they had a crisis during the night & that day, not enough nurses & too many babies- my cousin was the ONLY nurse on the night before due to them calling in sick and they need 2 nurses per delivery, she had 3 full term ladies show at the same time) so I go back at 2pm, dr shows up and induces me at 230 after the round of anti's, im sent home, told to come back at 6 for more anti's and again at 830 to get induced again, but dr says "ill be here at 630"

We show up at the hospital at 6, get the anti's, dr shows up and brings a, what I called "practice nurse" he said she was THIS close to being a dr, but needed to get this experience (she had NO clue what she was doing) so she checked me, said I was still at a 2-3cms (she had checked me earlier at 2pm) so my dr said "alright, ill double check" (I was having contractions, but nothing painful) he checks, says im about a 3, stretchy 4 and can feel a bag of waters still, breaks it, it EXPLODES lol, and he looks at us and says "aaaaaaand now your a 5" hahaha, I laughed, looked at hubby and said "guess you better call mom!" (she has bugged me this whole pregnancy that i better not call her at 5-6cms like always before- im always that far when I show up at the hospital doubting im in labour LOL) so he calls, and I get pushed to the delivery room because I have very fast(and easy) labours, my dr takes off back to surgery (unknown to me at the time)

At 7-8 I was fine, having contractions 3 mins apart with my mom, hubby & little sister in the room, my dad was at home with my girls, right as 8 hit, they became INTENSE and I could NOT handle them anymore, I beeegged and begged for drugs, she would NOT give them to me, at 8:15 I heard her tell my mom "dr J isnt going to make it" ...... "Ive already delivered one baby today, I wouldnt mind delivering another one" haha. Since about 7cm I wanted to push sooooo bad, the pain was unbearable, Ive had 1 shot of phentanol with both my girls, and all she would give me was gas (BIG difference I realize now!) at about 830-835 my dr showed up and quickly suited up, I was ready to push, I pushed for about 10 mins IF that and Myah was born at 8:45pm exactly, she was perfectly healthy and they didnt even take her from me for about half hour, I bled pretty bad, and it wouldnt stop, everytime shed take pressure off my stomach it would start up again and they were getting worried, finally it slowed down and they had to watch me all night, after all that we weighed Myah and she weighed in at 9lb 10oz (I was right- said 9 1/2) and was 21 1/2 inches long, the cutest little button ever! Her sisters came afterwards and stayed until almost midnight, they are in love, at first they werent so sure but now want to hold her ALL day, this was by far my best birth experience, and as much pain as I was in, I was glad because I was able to feel everything, I felt when her head was going to come out, and I felt as I slowly pushed the rest of her out, I am so glad, and here we are a week later, still shocked she is a SHE hehe :P NONE of our friends believed us when we called them to tell them we had a girl

Here are some photos

First Cloth!

1 Week Old!

Sorry for the overload

Advertisement

Ky&AbMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
Mpierce
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: Myah Leona Mae

Congrats! She is so so cute! <3
Mpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
sweetpeamami83
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Congrats! She isprecious :-) she looks so soft and squisy!
sweetpeamami83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats! She is so adorable!
Emi Marie, 8.15.14

2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #5
lauren420
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats mama, she is Perfect I have the same sleepers for my DD, I love the piggy one
Old 05-04-2011, 03:45 PM   #6
Ky&AbMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone She is so squishy, I just hold her and kiss her all the time hehe !
Ky&AbMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:54 PM   #7
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Aw man, she is a cute little button!!! congrats!!
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:45 PM   #8
RobertsMomma3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats mama, so beautiful!
RobertsMomma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:11 AM   #9
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users