Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2011, 03:50 PM   #1
dimples_giggles_1009
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Okay, so My Lo's name is/was going to be lilyana rachelle but I'm having second thoughts... For some reason no one knows how to say lilyana or acts confused when I tell them her name. I think I just want to stick with lily rachelle...does that sound okay? My hubby says it doesnt sound as good as lilyana but he is up for whatever.

We were just going to call her lily even if her name was lilyana, and my MiL dosent like it period.

What are some more middle names???

These were our options
Lilyana rachelle
Lily rachelle
Lilyana Renee
Lily Renee

Advertisement

Last edited by dimples_giggles_1009; 05-02-2011 at 04:06 PM.
dimples_giggles_1009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help with my bAbygirls name!!

Lilyana Rachelle or Lily Renee

I'd pick a different spelling though.. so it's simpler. My Bff Chose Lilliana, I would of done Liliana. lol
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:19 PM   #3
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm unsure why people are having a hard time pronouncing Lilyana. I think you should go with the name that you love and not worry about what people think (easier said than done as other people's opinions can make you doubt what your own preferences are sometimes). But anyway... I agree with PP, I like:

Lilyana Rachelle -or-
Lily Renee
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:15 AM   #4
aggfan
Registered Users
seller

I think replacing the Y in Lilyana with an I will make it much easier for people, although you still end up with the question of two L's or two N's. It's a very flowery name with some variations, so there are bound to be questions at the least about the spelling. I think it's absolutely fine to use the name Lily with a Y even if there is no Y in the original name.... think Dave/David, Gabby/Gabriella, Annie/Ann, Molly or Meg or Peg for Margaret, and on and on.

Also, I have met a few Rochelle's, none that I see their name spelled often or even see them often, and I honestly never know if their name is Rachelle or Rochelle. There is a slight difference in pronunciation, which I never notice in casual conversation and then I'm left wondering which is their exact name.

What about just Lily? Lidya, Layla, and Lillian are also similar and shorter. Arianna is also similar, although I know one and never know if the first syllable is like "air" or "ahr". I know her mom hates it when people get it wrong, but I think I and many others often do.

I also know two Mira's, if you like that, and one Mirabella, which I think means beautiful in Italian.

For Rochelle, if you use it as a middle name, I don't think problems will come up much, but if you want alternatives, what about Rachel, Raquel, Giselle, Michelle?
aggfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #5
cdwelton
Registered Users
seller

I have the same problem w/ my baby's name. When people see it, they get confused. It's just two names put together! (Her name is BreaLee.) So I just capitalized the first letter in the second part and people understood a lot better. So maybe LilyAna? PS LOVEEE that name.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:24 AM   #6
dimples_giggles_1009
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwelton
I have the same problem w/ my baby's name. When people see it, they get confused. It's just two names put together! (Her name is BreaLee.) So I just capitalized the first letter in the second part and people understood a lot better. So maybe LilyAna? PS LOVEEE that name.
Yes!!! That's exactly what I am going to do! Thank you, never realized it that way,
My brother kept saying Lil Yana bahah like I'm Chinese.....
LilyAna Renee is what we have decided!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:49 AM   #7
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats on the name, love it!
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #8
dimples_giggles_1009
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma
Congrats on the name, love it!
Thanks!!
Old 05-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #9
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn5388
Lilyana Rachelle or Lily Renee

I'd pick a different spelling though.. so it's simpler. My Bff Chose Lilliana, I would of done Liliana. lol
Ditto.

Sent from my phone using DS Forum

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #10
clothmomof3
Registered Users
seller

LOVE Liliyana Rachelle!!!!! Keep it, u can always call her Lily! Rachelle is my name