Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2011, 02:36 PM   #11
lilac0226
Registered Users

Re: Do most hospitals have daycare?

If I were you I would try to find a nanny/babysitter that will come to your home. This might be an ideal job for someone going to college, you could probably even try talking to the child development department at a local college to see if you could post an ad or if they have anyone they recommend.

If your nursing that may make a hospital day care better, I've never heard of one being 24 hours.

My husband and I both used to work long and crazy hours. I just really preferred the kids being able to stay with their routine of sleeping in their beds, waking up at home and having their own belongings. I am fortunate that I live in Oregon where daycare is cheaper so I used to pay $7/hour for 3 kids. So I guess the going rate in your area will also make a difference of whether a nanny/babysitter is an option.

Good luck finding daycare that will work.

Advertisement

lilac0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #12
Lu&Ce'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2Lucas
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac0226 View Post
If I were you I would try to find a nanny/babysitter that will come to your home. This might be an ideal job for someone going to college, you could probably even try talking to the child development department at a local college to see if you could post an ad or if they have anyone they recommend.

If your nursing that may make a hospital day care better, I've never heard of one being 24 hours.

My husband and I both used to work long and crazy hours. I just really preferred the kids being able to stay with their routine of sleeping in their beds, waking up at home and having their own belongings. I am fortunate that I live in Oregon where daycare is cheaper so I used to pay $7/hour for 3 kids. So I guess the going rate in your area will also make a difference of whether a nanny/babysitter is an option.

Good luck finding daycare that will work.
Yes I am looking into this I was just wondering about hospital day cares. We had a daycare lady but she can't do it any more and I can understand. So I'm just trying to figure out what's out there.

It would be nice to have them at home, especially if I have late hours and nice to not have to drag them someone where in the morning and rush around.

Just need to figure out if I can afford a Nanny since my day care lady was pretty cheap.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:45 PM   #13
honeypotpeppers22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

nope
honeypotpeppers22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:09 PM   #14
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:
I believe we live in the same area (GR, MI?), afaik, Buttersworth has an on-site child care and maybe St Mary's does too, but I don't know about the rest.

You're going to be hard pressed to find child care that works "off" hours unless you're willing to pay big bucks.

DD goes to an in-home daycare provider. She's open from 6a to 6:30p M-F, with flexibility and lives in Byron Center right next to the new St Mary's hospital off of M-6. She charges $120/wk for 45 hours of care and $3/hr for each addt'l hour.

Sent from my Droid using DS Forum
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:11 PM   #15
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

The hospital where I used to work didn't have a daycare either. They kept talking about building one, but it still has not been started. I still have friends that work there and they tell me that the hospital keeps bringing it up every year but nothing yet.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:03 PM   #16
Lu&Ce'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equivocal View Post
I believe we live in the same area (GR, MI?), afaik, Buttersworth has an on-site child care and maybe St Mary's does too, but I don't know about the rest.

You're going to be hard pressed to find child care that works "off" hours unless you're willing to pay big bucks.

DD goes to an in-home daycare provider. She's open from 6a to 6:30p M-F, with flexibility and lives in Byron Center right next to the new St Mary's hospital off of M-6. She charges $120/wk for 45 hours of care and $3/hr for each addt'l hour.

Yes we are in the same area. I saw BW has a day care but it's doesn't give much info publicly (online). Couldn't find any thing on St.Mary's.

She charges about as much as my old daycare provider. I think we may go with a Nanny if I can swing it. I was just thinking if I wanted to try and apply at those hospitals if I could get daycare through them but I was having a hard time finding info on it.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #17
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:
^^ It's Metro, not St. Mary's near my DCP's house. D'oh! I assume since the hospital is newer it wouldn't be established enough to have a child care center within.

I would call Buttersworth and inquire about their child care...doesn't hurt to ask.

I would also check out DHS' site and look @ centers and in-home providers...it'll tell you the providers' hours of availability and contact info. http://www.care.com is good, too. Never hurts to browse Craigslist to browse who's advertising their services (always ask for licensing info and references though).

Last edited by MW69842; 05-06-2011 at 04:50 PM.
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #18
Lu&Ce'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah I'm gonna look at care.com if we get a Nanny I put a ad out there but haven't paid for the service yet and I've gotten like 50 replies (of course a lot of those are people who just want summer positions even though I specified long term). But I wish you didn't have to pay $35 to use it for a month!
Old 05-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #19
LorettaMG
Registered Users
seller

I work for a large healthcare organization comprised of three hospitals and various offsite locations (blood draw stations, mental health clinics, etc.). We have 3400 employees plus 600 physicians -- and there is NO child care center.

Another local medical center does have a daycare, with an exceptionally long wait list, and it has standard hours to cover 1st shift employees only (open 6a-6p I think). They don't get discounted tuition, either.
LorettaMG is offline   Reply With Quote