Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
mevans
Registered Users
seller
seller

Back pain relief?

I'm 21 weeks pregnant, and I think I have a flu (respiratory). I realize that with the flu comes muscle/joint achiness, but about the time I got sick yesterday, I also developed this pain in my back. It's only on the right side, in the rib area, pretty much my whole back though (as in it's not lower back pain, which is common in pregnancy, of course) like I would describe it as mid back...it doesn't reach my shoulder blade. It's very uncomfortable. I don't know if it's muscle strain, or a pinched nerve or what. Every once in a while I'll get a sharper pain, from a certain movement or whatever.

It makes me think of a nerve thing, because it reminds me of the sciatica pain I have, just in a different place.

Any ideas on what will help?

I don't have a chiropractor, or else I would be trying that route.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Michelle wifey to Justin, homeschooling SAHM to Kerilynn 3/28/04, Hunter 8/4/06, baby girl Piperann Meadow born 7/19/2011 at 40w5d, and our Great Dane Jess & missing Finley Jonas 7/27/10 ISO: size large Bummis Super Brite covers

Last edited by mevans; 03-03-2011 at 02:02 PM.
mevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
ThreadsThatBind
Registered Users
Formerly: Lucy'sMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Back pain relief?

Heating pad? I'm leaning on mine right now.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:01 AM   #3
wendow
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreadsThatBind View Post
Heating pad? I'm leaning on mine right now.
Same here!! I have lived with a heating pad on my back every evening almost this entire pregnancy.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #4
seasun10
Registered Users

My Mood:

Could it be your gallbladder? With my first gallbladder inflammation the soreness/pain was mostly on my back, right side. I thought I had bruised a rib but no, it was my gallbladder.
seasun10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #5
kirasgirly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you tried a prenatal massage? I had 2 with my DS I LOVED them. It helped with some of the pain. I have chronic back back that I finally started seeing a Chiro for. However, then, the massages did help.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #6
Mwende
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What does your doc/midwife think is going on?
Otherwise,If it's just muscle pain, I've really benefited from prenatal yoga with my second pregnancy. Lots of backpain with the first, but I wasn't as active. I feel much more in sync with my pregnancy this time and I think the yoga has been a major part of it.
Mwende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:10 AM   #7
5lilmnkys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am a Licensed Massage Therapist, and I can tell you from my own personal experience that massage does help! I have had a constant burning sensation throughout my back on the right side as well for the last few weeks, and worse pain when I am sitting for long periods (especially driving). The best scenario for me is a combo of adjustments by a chiro with a massage either before or after (I prefer before, it loosens your muscles so that you adjust well). If you are insured, most insurance companies cover Chiropractic care. As for massage...many chiros have therapists in their offices. I don't know about other L.M.T.s, but I offer local massage in 10 minute increments for $10, for people who have one specific area that needs work. This allows my clients who get adjusted 2-3 times a week to be able to afford to see me after, and even 10 minutes on a problem area a couple times a week is beneficial. Don't be afraid to ask if any L.M.T.s in your area would offer something similar. If none of this is an option for you, put your DH to work :-)
5lilmnkys is offline   Reply With Quote