Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
CarolinaMama
Registered Users
seller

Purging the Pink!

I found out last week we are having a boy. I have already bought a few covers and just got my FSOT approval. But now comes time to go though all my tiny girly stuff and I am getting nervous. I know I saw a tiny penis on the US and I have guessed it was a boy all along BUT what if it was wrong?!!? I am not so much attached to the diaper covers but the clothes are going to be something else. I feel that I should sell/give away the baby girl stuff to make room for the boy gear. What are the odds of the US being wrong? I am even thinking of secretly going to get a 3D US done just to make SUPER sure. My dh would think I was being paranoid, and I guess I am.

Did you gals with opposite gender babies from your first lo just got for it and purge or did you wait and see? I feel like I am being a ninny

Advertisement

Old 05-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #2
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Purging the Pink!

I would just wait until after baby is born. What I've done is put things away that I know I want to keep, and then things I don't I just put in a seperate bin and then donate after babe is born. I have 2 boys though.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
cdwelton
Registered Users
seller

I would keep my girl stuff. I'm pregnant with my first LO (girl!!), and we plan on having more kids. I don't want to buy allllll new stuff if #2 is a boy and #3 is a girl. I would only sell whats easy to part with. Keep your favorites.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:

I have three boys in a row and am now expecting a girl. I kept DS1 stuff for DS2, anything that was stained at all or looking worn got tossed or donated since you usually pick up a few new things along the way with each LO. We had a HUGE garage sale when DS2 was 18 months and sold it all off...low and behold, one month later I got a positive on a pregnancy test and along came DS3!! I wish I would have kept it all.

We are done after this one is born and will get rid of everything. All the boys have a few special outfits that were kept (coming home, dedications, maybe just a favorite or something that came from someone very special to us...). Other than that, it all goes.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:50 AM   #5
CarolinaMama
Registered Users
seller

I must mention that this is FOR SURE our last baby. We both are 100% clear on that. I think I will just put things away and have them already separated to keep/donate/sell bins. I will feel better knowing they are sorted but not gone Thanks ladies.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:23 AM   #6
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaMama View Post
I must mention that this is FOR SURE our last baby. We both are 100% clear on that. I think I will just put things away and have them already separated to keep/donate/sell bins. I will feel better knowing they are sorted but not gone Thanks ladies.
I think this is a great idea. Go through the girl clothes and know it's OK to keep some that mean a lot to you, even if you don't have any more kids. My mom still has a big box of clothes from both my brothers and me!