Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2011, 07:39 PM   #11
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Leg Cramps

I had them a lot my first pregnancy. With this pregnancy and my last I flex my feet back and forth every so often and haven't gotten them once. I do eat a banana most days along with a calcium supplement and tons of water, though.

Advertisement

Old 05-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #12
TripleMbride
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My midwife put me on a magnesium/calcium supplement and the legs cramps never came back. This was with my last pregnancy. I haven't needed anything this time yet.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 05-06-2011, 02:39 AM   #13
mom22byz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With my second little boy, I had horrendous cramps that made me cry and my dh would wake up and massage my leg. Seemed like it was the left leg more often. However after doing research I found out a potassium supplement would help. It did and I didnt have any more. Had two leg cramps last night and my husband suggested getting the potassium supplement again...Hopefully that might do the trick for you!
mom22byz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:31 AM   #14
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

do calf stretches before you go to bed at night... or here and there throughout the day. I did that with elijah and I literally do not think I had any, or at least very few. with sydney I had them constantly toward the 3rd trimester and the end.

an easy way to do the stretch is to stand on a step or ledge with only the front portion of your foot on the step. stretch up on your tip toes then slowly ease down your foot so that your heel is lower than the step itself. you can do this one foot at a time or both.

http://www.revolutionhealth.com/healthy-living/fitness/injuries/other-injuries/plantar-fascitis-stretch
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:32 AM   #15
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

do calf stretches before you go to bed at night... or here and there throughout the day. I did that with elijah and I literally do not think I had any, or at least very few. with sydney I had them constantly toward the 3rd trimester and the end.

an easy way to do the stretch is to stand on a step or ledge with only the front portion of your foot on the step. slowly ease down your foot so that your heel is lower than the step itself. you can do this one foot at a time or both.

http://www.revolutionhealth.com/healthy-living/fitness/injuries/other-injuries/plantar-fascitis-stretch
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote