Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-03-2011, 06:13 AM   #51
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Would You Adopt...

Yes, I would!

mommy to 3 girls and 5 boys
Gloriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #52
Registered Users
My Mood:

Yes we would.
In that situation research would be your best friend. I'd find out everything I could about HIV and how to prevent passing it to others. DH is an EMT so we are already really familiar with being aware of HIV in a 'bodily fluid' situation. I feel like we could/would give an HIV positive child the same life we could/would give a HIV negative child while still being careful enough not to pass it to others.
S_Toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:12 PM   #53
Registered Users
My Mood:

IN A HEARTBEAT... another vote to watch because most people are so uneducated about HIV. my husband said no and i showed him this and he totally changed his perspective!
What you need to know:

`HIV is considered a chronic but manageable disease with proper treatment.
`Children who receive treatment are expected to live a normal lifespan.
`HIV has never been transmitted in normal family living conditions.
`You NEVER have to fear contracting HIV through casual contact with an HIV+ person.
`HIV is spread in three main ways: sexual contact, IV drug use through the sharing of dirty needles,
mother to infant (pregnancy, birth or breast feeding.)
`All around the world orphans are overlooked for adoption because of their HIV+ status.
`Medications called ARVs can mean the difference between life and death.
`The combination of three or more ARVs is called HAART. (Highly Active Anti-Retroviral Therapy)
`With medications HIV can be effectively managed to the point that the virus is undetectable in laboratory tests.
`There is a term for the miraculous transformation HIV+ people undergo when they begin receiving the medications they need.
The Lazarus Effect is a term commonly used to describe people who were once on the brink of death who have been restored again to health through medication.
Mama to Eli Rivers, Levi Wolf, Leland Malachi
in my heart forever Skyler Hope, Noah Journey, Natalina Grace, & Jebediah Willow
awaiting His timing in our children from Africa
sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:25 AM   #54

I absolutely would in a heartbeat. And I'm loving all of this positive education regarding HIV!
Taylor; Lovin' my soldier & enjoying him home! Mama to Gabriel (5) & Xavier (4), Mason (18mos.) & IT'S A GIRL! Evelyn Grace is due 10/11.
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote