Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
fluffybunsdiapers
Registered Users
Formerly: paulzangel
seller

My Mood:
question

how are all you mamas getting into your doctor's so quickly? itll be quite a few weeks before I'm able to get an appt? Do you already have an established relationship with one or? with dd I couldn't get an appt until I was 12 weeks and I have no idea with this one-I just have the home preg test to go by (well and my boobs hurt and the ms) Just wondering what I'm missing-I'm in a new area so I don't have an established obgyn-just have the va clinic for now (former Marine) just wondering-

Advertisement

Old 05-07-2011, 07:39 PM   #2
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: question

I have a GYN I have been going to but even still she doesnt see you for the first appointment til 8/9 weeks. She cant really find a heartbeat before then anyways.
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:20 PM   #3
cutebluebaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I won't get in until 9 weeks as well, and then again at 12 weeks. It's been that way with all my kids. This will be the third OB I'm delivering with (we've moved across the state a few times), but I've also had no complications throughout each of my pregnancies. This OB required blood work before they scheduled an appointment. I just got it done almost a week ago. Now it's a waiting game until the 27th.

I think a lot of it is exactly what the PP said. Before approximately 7 weeks there is no heartbeat, and after that the chances of a MC decrease dramatically. It's always baffled me that during a very sensitive time in development they won't see you right away, but again, it just depends on your personal history.

Fabrics : Fitteds : Inserts : Boy Clothes : Girl Clothes
cutebluebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:55 AM   #4
austinandashlynsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have been with my OB for probably around 9 years and he has delivered all of my children. his standard policy though is that he sends you for bloodwork as soon as you get your bfp, then as soon as those results are in, he sets you up for an ultrasound to confirm due date. I'll see him probably about a week after my ultrasound.

In my particular case, this baby is a big surprise and I'm irregular so my due date is a mystery. I have my ultrasound Tuesday afternoon and I'm really excited to find out. I am at least 5 weeks, possibly farther along. I will have a repeat Csection so my delivery will take place a week or less before my due date. We are hoping for a December delivery.
austinandashlynsmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:35 AM   #5
fluffybunsdiapers
Registered Users
Formerly: paulzangel
seller

My Mood:

okay-I'm pretty confident of my edd because I was regular but I was on the pill-so idk (was when I concieved dd also) but I had lots of complications with my dd-preterm labor started at 20 weeks-bedrest-all sorts of fun stuff ending with an emergency c-section-now I suffer from cronic hip dysfunction-so I'm a little nervous with my previous complications-my physical therepist said that we can "duct tape me together and bind me with string" and we'll make it work-I guess I was just worried because I haven't beena ble to find a dr yet-I am going to the health department to get my confermation pfb next week-but then I have to try and find a dr. Okay- thanks for the help though Mamas-obviously this one was quite a surprise so I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing out on soemthing important. I still think its funny that acording to the due date calcuator online my edd is 1-9 my dd's birthday well thanks again Mama's