Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2007, 05:18 PM   #1
haynmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone have a LO w/a dry dipe?

While they sleep? I posted on another msg board, but didn't get much response. My DD is 12 weeks. While sleeping/napping she doesn't pee. I use sposies at night, they are the same brand I've been using since birth, so I can tell when they are dry or wet. While napping, she uses CDs. I know this sounds like a blessing, but I'm confused on the issue. She is very healthy EBF, 16lb, 24in. She does poop and pee a lot while awake. WDYT, should I ask her pedi? Or am I freaking out for nothing?

Advertisement

haynmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:21 PM   #2
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone have a LO w/a dry dipe?

I would ask a pdei. Around 16 months my boys stopped going in there sleep (awesome for PTing). 12 weeks sounds very early to have such a well developed bladder. Wait- how many hours does she go at night w/o wetting?
Prettylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:13 PM   #3
haynmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, we bathe her around 8pm, I nurse her and put her to bed around 9pm. She gets up at 6am, with a dry dipe. So that's about 10 hrs. She marathon pees after waking. She will soak 2 CDs within an hour.So you think that's worth asking my pedi?

Old 06-14-2007, 06:34 PM   #4
Bot Girl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You're going to the wrong pedi if you're afraid to ask him/her anything. I make a huge list of questions to ask. Anytime something pops into my head, I write it down, and ask at the next appointment. I've even kept a food diary of what my baby's eating, and asked her pedi to look it over, and tell me if I'm "doing the feeding thing right." You are NEVER being too careful when it comes to your baby. Always, ask, ask, ask the pedi, and if he/she makes you feel like you shouldn't be asking, you're going to the wrong pedi.
Bot Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:51 PM   #5
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

My 4.5m old has done this more or less since birth. Well... I guess it really started around 6 weeks, when he started sleeping a longer stretch at night.
As soon as he wakes up, he floods, but he stays dry while asleep. I love it, because I can sit him on the potty and he will go. I've been doing that for a long while now.
I think its natural instinct to not want to soil yourself, or sit/sleep in your own waste.
L J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:34 AM   #6
mom2madison06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it sounds normal, but go ahead and call the Pediatrician. It will make you feel better. Maddie's been a marathon pee'r all her life, and it's just her. She doesn't wake up entirely dry every night, but some mornings she is bone dry! Most mornings, she's probably wet only once, though. Each kid pees differently!
Old 06-15-2007, 07:36 AM   #7
crystalkicks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyCare View Post
You're going to the wrong pedi if you're afraid to ask him/her anything. I make a huge list of questions to ask. Anytime something pops into my head, I write it down, and ask at the next appointment. I've even kept a food diary of what my baby's eating, and asked her pedi to look it over, and tell me if I'm "doing the feeding thing right." You are NEVER being too careful when it comes to your baby. Always, ask, ask, ask the pedi, and if he/she makes you feel like you shouldn't be asking, you're going to the wrong pedi.
Im with this one!!
Old 06-15-2007, 08:25 AM   #8
SkysMom211
Registered Users

My Mood:

so have you asked your ped?? i'm curious now. i think that would be a blessing but who knows?
SkysMom211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:03 PM   #9
haynmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, I did call her. She said it's normal, as some babes just do this. She said if she's sick or is showing signs of dehydration to bring her in asap. DD can't be dehydrated, as I stated in pp, she soaks a dipe or 2 after waking. I don't know why I'm so hesistant to call drs.....I am the same way w/my health. I don't like to go in unless it's an emergency. I ned to make it a habit to call her more often. She's an excellent pedi and encourages me to call if I have ANY questions at all.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:07 PM   #10
saongiri
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

is she meeting the usual 6-8 diapers in 24 hours?