Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2007, 10:11 AM   #1
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
wool mama pads?

I know you can use wool nursing pads and they are beneficial to your breast health. What about wool mama pads? Would they be beneficial to you in any way? Would they serve their purpose? Or would they be a bad idea since they would have to be washed after every use? What about if they are felted? Just curious here. . .

Advertisement

Old 06-15-2007, 10:59 AM   #2
armywife2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: wool mama pads?

im ordering some that have felted wool as the water proof backing, but are still made the same as the rest of mine (hemp soaker and your choice of top fabric) i dont know how they'll work though, but i thought id try. i usually have fleece on the back and wanted something diferent this time.

i dont know if a completely wool pad would work, but i dont know much about wool, lol

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:03 AM   #3
todzwife
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't think that even the SOFTEST cashmere would feel good bare. I do make felted wool backed pads (with organic cotton tops) that work very well.
todzwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:30 PM   #4
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you use felted wool, does that mean you can then machine wash them when needed without them felting more?
Old 06-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #5
Vickie
Registered Users
seller

I have a couple of wool-backed pads. One is a wool base with a snap-on hemp topper and the wool section needs to be hand washed in sudz n duds (it does tend to resist fluid, so the wool backer can be reused with two or three toppers without needing washing, and then it needs to dry overnight before reuse)...the other is a pocket with a sherpa topper and hemp inserts. the wool backer has been felted, so it can be washed in the machine, even on hot and it comes out great. I love the way it feels and works. Sadly, the woman who made it is no longer stocking wool-backed pads. So I have ONE treasured wool-backed hemp pad and I try to wash it right up so I can reuse it a few times every month...I sure would like some more, but I haven't been able to find them. I'll be sure to contact the mama here who said she makes them. Anyone else make them?
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:03 PM   #6
curious_george
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2hamish
seller

I made some for myself and love them. I actually cut up an old stretchy wool sweater into circles and I use them under mama pads at night. I love them!
I bought some fleece snap-in pads but am thinking the fleece is going to be too "hot" for me... The wool I used I just threw in the wash with regular stuff. It was already felted b/c I was using other parts for some longies for Hamish.

I'm thinking of making more of these... provided I can find some more time.
Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested: that is, to be read only in parts, others to be read, but not curiously, and some few to be read wholly, and with diligence and attention. -- Sir Francis Bacon
curious_george is offline   Reply With Quote