Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-09-2011, 09:42 AM   #131
Leaner
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: how's nursing going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitchell98 View Post
Eloise gets better and better the older she gets at nursing. So hopefully she becomes a pro soon. She drives me crazy cause she lets go constantly. I have to relatch her again and again. It's really annoying.

And yesterday I ended up w/ mastitis It was awful. I'm feeling much better today. Still a little icky from the fever, but not nearly as bad as last night. The chills and then the sweats are horrid! Especially since I'm not home, we're in Michigan house hunting.
I can't even imagine being away from home with mastitis! YUCK! Glad you are feeling better.

Advertisement

Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #132
EmilyA874
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler View Post
Michelle, so sorry about your supply.

Alisha, I hope you can kick the thrush sooner rather than later. I am unsure whether I have thrush, now. The lactation consultant today wasn't as confident that I don't have it, so I am sticking with my low sugar and carbs diet for a while longer.

And Leaner, Kai has had some bright yellow, vinegar smelling poo, but I just thought maybe that was normal. Is it not? His poo varies, though, and I haven't been good about keeping a log. The only thing is that he had a really gassy day, and it was a day when I ate about 5 eggs, so have steered clear of eggs since then.

Went to a different lactation consultant today, and she encouraged some more comfortable positions. It had felt like things got worse after the last visit on Tuesday. I am wondering if I will just have to put up with a painful, shallow latch. We just can't get him to open his mouth very wide. Will he get better with time, or just lazier?
Carrie (and anyone else having latch issues ), I bookmarked this page when I was still pregnant, just in case: http://www.drmomma.org/2010/08/breas...tch-trick.html Wren has a nice latch usually, except when she tries to suck my nipple in like a straw when she is getting sleepy (that hurts!) so I haven't had to really use this but once or twice in the first week or so. It might work for you though since Kai's latch is shallow! Worth a try maybe! Hope you are feeling better btw!
EmilyA874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #133
zmo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Love BFing! Though I am huge and can hardly find nursing bras that fit.
zmo is offline   Reply With Quote