Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2011, 05:32 PM   #11
northknoxmomma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Body image after baby

I hate this stage too... and at 6wks pp I decided to go on a "diet" (eating better- little to no sweets/chocolate). But I end up just craving them, don't know if it is hormonal or my body trying to hold on to the last 10-12lbs due to nursing. I normally have great will-power when it comes to losing weight, but now I am struggling. And it makes it so much worse now that it is getting warm cloths season, uggg.

Advertisement

Old 05-07-2011, 06:56 PM   #12
The*Fab*Four
Mama behind Jem*Jam Customs!
Formerly: Jem*Jam Customs
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am right there with you!

I only gained 2lbs with ds and I lost 33lbs in the first 2w postpartum. I have since gained a few back because ds is nursing less and I am still eating as if he was nursing every 2 hours. I was still carrying about 20lbs I gained after I had dd3 almost 2 years ago, so I had a lot to lose.
I only wore 2-3 maternity shirts during my pregnancy, everything else was pre-pregnancy clothes. I feel so uncomfortable but I was pregnant 6 times in 6yrs, 4 live children and 3 c-sections.

I need to start eating healthier and exercising now that I am finally healed from my c-section.
J{4.04}, J{11.05}, J {8.09}, J {3.11}
Sweet Baby Girl J will arrive the week of May 12th {34w} due to a Placenta Percreta.
The*Fab*Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #13
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Me too! I'm so frustrated with still wearing maternity clothes. I have about 15 lbs to lose and really need to tone up. I did triathlons before I got pg so I was in pretty good shape. Now I can't even run around the block! DS has to be 4 mos old before he can go into the childcare at the gym. I homeschool my oldest who is 6, my middle one is 4, so I can't just put the little guy in the stroller and go for a run. It just seems there is no good time to make it to the gym I'd dad stayed with the kids. I do have a workout video I should start using to help tone things up. I can't wait til he's 4 mos as I will be hitting the gym then!!
Old 05-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #14
ThreadsThatBind
Registered Users
Formerly: Lucy'sMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

I could have written your op! Last time the weight fell right off. I actually lost an additional 13lbs from my pre-preggo weight and did nothing to lose it. I fit my jeans a week after dd1 was born. This time...it's just hanging on. I'm not bouncing back emotionally this time like I did last time either and the lumpy frumpy feeling is just making that worse.