Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-10-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
So Excited!!!!

Ok so after my spotting scare yesterday (which I haven't had anymore thank goodness), I emailed the only homebirth midwife in town. She is actually the only midwife in town as our hospitals don't have them. I emailed her and gave her a little about my birth history and history of gestational diabetes and told her that I understood if she couldn't take me because of that but I just had to ask otherwise I would always regret at least not contacting her. Anyway she wants to meet with me and DH! She said it sounded like my GD wasn't that bad and because of my easy births I sounded like a good candidate for homebirth! I am super excited!! I am still going to see an OB here in town just in case I do end up with GD again and there is a need for me to see an OB later in pg (plus I want my ultrasounds lol) but I am just so excited to meet her. I know there is a chance that we may not click but I am hoping that isn't the case.

I don't mind giving birth in the hospital. I had 2 great hospital births. However I work at the hospital that I would be giving birth at. I also sometimes work in the nursery and on the mothercare unit sometimes and it would just be awkward to have people I know looking at my va-jay-jay. I hear the way they talk about other patients and sabotage their breastfeeding because it is more work for the nurse to help and really I can't stand half of the night nurses on staff. They take the baby at midnight for an hour for assessments and from 6-9 am so the doctors can round. That is not ok with me but none of the docs will come to the rooms. I also can not stand to be in the hospital. I don't sleep, my anxiety is through the roof. They won't let you leave less than 24 hrs unless you sign out ama. I am just not willing to fight after giving birth.

Anyway just wanted to share my news!

Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:15 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: So Excited!!!!

Congratulations, that's great news! I would love to attempt a home birth but this will be my 4th C-section so I'm definitely not a candidate. I have had good hospital experiences for the most part but it would be so much more relaxing at home and to be able to sleep without someone coming in to check on us every 2 hours.
Michele, Loving, knitting & spinning mommy to:
Austin 7/05 , Ashlyn 5/07 & Wyatt , 1/11/10, and my 11 week angel 6/11
Piper Quinn has arrived! Aug. 29, 2012
austinandashlynsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:39 AM   #3
Registered Users

That's really awesome! Hope all goes well when you meet with the midwife! From the way your hospital sounds - I can't blame you for not wanting to deliver there. They take the baby for three hours every morning?! That would definitely not be okay with me!!

I will be doing the hospital thing as I'm also not candidate for homebirth (I have a clotting disorder which presents all kinds of problems when it comes to labor & delivery). I had a decent experience last time, and I'm going to a different hospital this time that should be even better, so I'm hoping for a good experience and for staff that will listen to me and what I want.

Glad to hear your spotting stopped! That's definitely good news
Sarah - BF, CD, & cosleeping graduate, SAHM turned WAHM to Violet Ruth - 10/07
My ebay - EUC & New Kids' and Adults' Clothes and Other Great Finds
Missing my 11-week angel baby 6/11, CP 2/12, and 10-week angel baby 1/13 "Too beautiful for earth" Still waiting and praying for our RAINBOW
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:19 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

Glad your spotting stopped Stacie!

I can't wait to find a MW. I HB with my first and loved it. . .but we've moved since so I need to find a new MW this time. I can't wait to do it again. . .sounds weird, but giving birth was one of the best experiences of my life. Even with back labor. I hope you can have a HB. . . but if not at least you've had good hospital births before and know the drill.
Lucinda-- crunchy, BFing, homebirthin', SAH mama to my sweet guy, born 10.1.09 and my baby girl, born 1.19.12.
*I'm a stroke survivor.*
kismetbaby is offline   Reply With Quote