Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
ihvnangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We are getting closer... lol

Today our CW came and did his interview with all four kids, and a final walk through to document our rooms and beds and so forth. We have one 3 hour class left and we will be done. He said now it is just a waiting game. He sent in my finger prints last week, hopefully they will be back within 2 weeks or so. Also waiting on notes from my sons counseling sessions to be sent in. My CW said now he will be working on typing up all the reports/homestudy stuff which will be about 30 pages or so. He said he will call as needed while doing the report, and will then turn it in to his supervisor for approval. After all that he will come here and we will sign the contract and be done.. so probably within a month or so as long as fingerprints/report are back soon!!! YAY
So excited!!!!! How long did the last little bit take for you? I guess typing a 30 page report would indeed take some time.. lol I wish he'd let me type it, I am a fast typer and could have it done quickly!! lol I am so anxious to be licensed and get a placement!!!

Advertisement

Old 05-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #2
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Re: We are getting closer... lol

Thirty pages...that's crazy! I can't imagine our caseworker would have that much to say! She does not seem to be planning on meeting with the kids. Notes from counseling, yikes! Our first visit was maybe 45 minutes. She said the second will be 30 minutes to 45. She is so laid back though...like really laid back. I wonder if so much of it varies by caseworker, agency, and state.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:15 PM   #3
NSB
Registered Users
seller

Way to go! It's exciting to be so close to the exciting "now we're waiting" part!
NSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:33 AM   #4
ihvnangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Ladies!! I can't wait. He did say with our age range it may take a little longer to get a placement, but that with us being a homeschooling family that would be a bonus as I don't work outside of the home and would be available more. I hope that is true!! lol I will keep you all posted!!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #5
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

What's your age range?
Old 05-11-2011, 10:40 AM   #6
ihvnangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our age range is 0-4 yo, girls as they will have to share a room with our daughter. We are being licensed for 2. Hopefully it won't be a long, long wait, but I do understand it could be due to our age requirements. BUT with us being a homeschool family I need it to be these ages as to not disrupt our schooling much. I am so excited to get going!! Right now I have to get off here and finish up my homework for our class this Sat. Have to turn it in then!! yay