Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-13-2011, 07:09 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Anyone work out?

I really started working out again about 8 weeks ago. My youngest is 18 months and so I decided to start eating well and working out so I could lose those last 10 pounds. The week before I got my BPF I finally made it down to pre-pregnancy weight. I don't know why I waited so long to do it!

Anyways, I am continuing my workouts. Right now I alternate between running and strength training. I will probably not push myself as hard as I was.

I am running my first 5K tomorrow! Originally I thought I would change my pace and go slower but now I'm thinking about just running it like normal.

I know that if I end up losing this precious babe it won't be due to exercise but I'm still nervous. On the other hand I don't want to undo all of the progress I have made.

So, anyone else working out?

JanelleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:38 PM   #2
Registered Users
I do an hour of Zumba 4-5 times a week. I love it and will continue it throught this pregnancy.

I also do a bit of running and a lot of walking. We love going on family walks with my 6 month old daughter.

Don't stress mama. Keep working out.
Nikki* wifey to Randy and SAHM to Kiera 10/29/10, missing my angel baby 06/11, and cautiously expecting another sweet baby June '12.
lovermuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:38 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Anyone work out?

I work out. When I found out I was pregnant the first time I joined a gym for cardio and did prenatal yoga twice a week. I think it really helped me have a smooth pregnancy and delivery. I've read that exercising while pregnant helps prevent breech babies, helps mothers with fatigue, and prevents extremely high birth weights. My first daughter went head down at 26 weeks, I had a med free 4.5 hour labor, and she was 6 lbs. 12 oz. (I'm only 5 ft. 98 lbs. so I think that is as big a baby as my body could handle).

Anyway, I say good luck with your 5K! Your baby and your body will thank you for it
Mom to little Juniper Eve 3/4/10 and Falcon West 11/19/11
audreyr is offline   Reply With Quote