Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #21
Pyrodjm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: What to do with 2yo DD's curly hair?

DD1 has super curly, frizzy similar to that of most biracial kids we know. We now use Kinky Curly products exclusively. I use Come Clean, Knot Today and Curling custard. The products are natural and work 10x better than everything else I tried. I order them from Soap.com.

Advertisement

Pyrodjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #22
luv2jump83
Registered Users
seller

Thank you all so much for the great suggestions! I think I will try them for myself also! I have curly hair and have never figured out the best products for it. I've always just forced it into submission with heavy conditioners and gel or mousse. Lol. But I think I have damaged it a lot over the years with all the junk I have put in it and I really don't want to do that to DD. Her hair is on the thin side and not very long yet so she gets a little frizz puff all around her head. Lol. I have tried coconut oil and it made her hair look greasy but maybe I used too much. I'll have to try again. I've also tried baby lotion and it didn't really do anything but today tried a different brand and she had smooth little ringlets for a while. I loved it! Just had to reapply a couple times throughout the day to keep the frizz down. Can't wait to try some new things and see what works best for us! Thanks again!
luv2jump83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #23
luv2jump83
Registered Users
seller

Love all the pics! Beautiful! I wish I could post a pic of DD to show what her hair looks like but for some reason I can't from my phone. On a good day it is probably most similar to the first pic of Smashncakes DD, just brown instead. Hopefully it looks just as cute as it gets longer!
luv2jump83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:08 PM   #24
S4r4h
Registered Users

My hair is naturally curly (I often straighten it tho) and I second the conditioner in a spray bottle, not combing while dry, and shampooing far less. I actually didn't use shampoo - just conditioner every day - for over a year and my curls looked awesome. The only reason I started shampooing again was my MIL made me feel dirty when I told her ... Not that she noticed on her own.
Sarah Beth - Mama to Charlie (Charlotte) born 1/12/11 and wife to Jeffery, computer geek extraordinaire. Lover of succulent gardens, live plant aquariums, reading, nature, sunshine, emergency veterinary medicine, and Homer, the best dog in the world.
S4r4h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:31 PM   #25
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I use curls.biz products on my dd's hair and follow the Curly Girl method (google it if you aren't familiar with it). They work on all hair, not just ethnic. Promo codes are listed on retailmenot.com.

This is her latest school pic and it was taken after lunch...so her hair stayed pretty good at school IMO.

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:50 PM   #26
MariaLA
Registered Users
seller

We tried Mixed Chicks on my little girl, but she can't handle artificial fragrances--they flare up her eczema. I really like the unscented Jessicurl products. They are all natural and not too expensive. We also co-wash (wash hair with conditioner only) and only pick while wet. CJ's is a good second day pick me up.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #27
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaLA View Post
We tried Mixed Chicks on my little girl, but she can't handle artificial fragrances--they flare up her eczema. I really like the unscented Jessicurl products. They are all natural and not too expensive. We also co-wash (wash hair with conditioner only) and only pick while wet. CJ's is a good second day pick me up.
I never tried Mixed Chicks but supposedly the ingredients aren't Curly Girl friendly either so I avoided them.

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote