Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-18-2011, 06:57 AM   #21
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WWYD long car ride question...

I haven't read all the posts but here is my experience with dd1. She puked every single car ride when she was rear facing. She was so miserable car sick. We flipped her at 20 lbs (which was past age 1) and the puking was drastically reduced. She instantly was much happier in the car. She still gets car sick at age 6 but rarely. Her triggers are a hot car and a windy day (it makes the van sway too much for her tummy). She knows not to read on windy days and look out the front window - not side windows. We always keep the van pretty cool for her.

It is your choice to flip him or not - and a tough choice at that. It helped us a ton but it isn't a guarentee. If you decide to flip him and it doesn't help you could always flip him back.

Advertisement

Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:22 AM   #22
kilahree
Registered Users

DD and I both get carsick easily. For all of our long car trips, we drive at night. We leave when it's DD's bedtime and DH drives. Occassionally he'll get too tired to drive and I'll wake up and drive for a bit, but that very rarely happens. And once we stopped at a hotel about 2 hours from our destination to get some shut-eye. Is driving at night an option? Or leaving super early in the morning so he sleeps a good chunk of the drive?
kilahree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:44 PM   #23
Mystery
Registered Users
seller

My 19 month son gets carsick as well. It was happening several times a week RF. We too keep him in a bib in the car. I turned him to FF recently (far sooner than I would prefer) and the vomiting has been drastically reduced. It used to scare the pants off of me to hear him gagging and not be able to see what was going on. Good luck with what you decide.
Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:57 PM   #24
nalazimbala
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for all the responses. This is a really tough decision for us...I keep going back and forth about it. I've got the anti-nausea meds, so I guess we'll start out trying that. If that doesn't seem to help, then we might consider turning him just for the trip.