Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Baby girls and haircuts

DD got her first haircut at 23 months because I was tired of the "baby mullet." The back of her hair was growing like crazy, but the sides were still short and her bangs were non-existent. I got the back chopped off to clean it up a bit. When the sides finally started coming in, we got it chopped 2 more times to even it out. Her bangs really didn't even start growing until around the holidays this past year, and even at age 3, she still doesn't need them to be trimmed. They're growing, but they're still incredibly thin and wispy. The rest of her hair is done in a cute short bob, but I'll probably let it grow now and just get it trimmed as need be. The sides aren't still quite as long as the back, but it's close enough now that it just sort of looks layered.

K & B since 10/2003
Added our sweet little C 4/2008 and our baby boy I 12/2012
coquelicot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #12
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
My Mood:
My daughter got her first hair cut @ 2 y + 7 m. She has super curly, thick and wild hair.

She's normally a very active kiddo, but sits very still for a hair cut. It's amazing
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:27 PM   #13
Registered Users
DD is 3 1/2 and has never had a professional hair cut. I did even out her hair once when she was say 18 months because it had grown out much longer on the top than on the underneath. She never lost any of the hair she wad born with.
She has been asking for me to cut it lately so I might even though I will miss her lovely long hair.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Alanna is Mama to DD Sequoia (8/8/07), DS Callum (12/12/12) DKitties Syd & Emily (4/4/03)
psylion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #14
Registered Users

My oldest, I got her hair trimmed right around a year because it was extremely uneven all over. Also, the back of her hair gets so matted and tangled that it develops split ends really easily, but when I have it trimmed it does this less.

When I need it to look really nice or some serious evening it out, I get it professionally done, but I usually do it myself.

My youngest is almost 18mths, and I haven't cut her hair at all. It grows so nicely and looks styled, but I don't do anything but comb it in the morning. She just has great hair.
cbreeding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #15
Registered Users
My DD will be 4 next weekend and has never had a haircut. She really needs one though, because it's uneven and has split ends. She has wild hair that she got thanks to both me and her dad. I have no idea how she is going to handle a haircut. Hoping to get it done after her birthday.
SAHM to 2 beautiful girls and loving wife to my best friend.
ArtHistoryChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:04 AM   #16
Registered Users
My Mood:

i gave my daughter her first haircut about 6 months ago and that was just to even out the back. my 18 month old still hasnt had one.
No longer bring,cding at night ,cosleeping,mama to 4. Ds Bryan(9) , Cameron (7) and Jasmine(5) and Katherine(4) :
and "adopted mom" to K(9), J(5), and J(3 months)
ISO: yarn or woolies
bryandcam+2 is offline   Reply With Quote