Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-18-2011, 09:22 PM   #1
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
help with pricing a lot of diapers on craigslist

I decided to sell this lot on craigslist b/c it is heavy, so $$ to ship. But I have no idea how much to ask. suggestions please

12 new flats
6 premium ubi pfs (prep washed only)
18 pm pfs for doublers (prep washed & a few were used as burp cloths)
2 nip snappis
2 sets new metal head pins
2 M bummis super brite covers (like new cond)
2 med Imse Vimse org cotton covers (1 like new, 1 like new except the 1x I washed it something purple bleed on it, so the background of the print is a very light purple)
diaper bag sized wet bag

what do you think?

Advertisement

Last edited by Junipervt; 05-19-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Junipervt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:57 PM   #2
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: help with pricing a lot of diapers on craigslist

Hmm..$80?
Old 05-18-2011, 10:05 PM   #3
patooty
Registered Users
seller

$65

Homeschooling, Above Rubies reading, :bf support, semi- crunchy, selective- vaxing, family bed, home birthing, AP mama to 5 princesses, 1 intact prince and some gone before us. Recovered addict to I live here : I water birthed unassisted by choice to birthday triplets
patooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:28 PM   #4
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by patooty
$65
That's about what I came up with too.

To op - if you decide to split the flats off I'm looking for some to buy!

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
IDDDSO: Charlie Banana XS and S in Lavendar!
jessi4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:59 AM   #5
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by patooty View Post
$65
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessi4jc View Post
That's about what I came up with too.

To op - if you decide to split the flats off I'm looking for some to buy!
really? maybe I should split it up.... If I sold the covers individually I could get $10 each, so that's $40. You think the flats, pfs, snappis & pins are only worth $15?

the flats are heavy to ship, so if I sold them online I really wouldn't make any of my $ back on them. it would be like giving them away.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:24 AM   #6
rachelandtyke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Depending on your area, I might list it a little higher than you really want to sell it for - around here people always want to get it for less than you list for, no matter how good a deal the original price was.
rachelandtyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:54 AM   #7
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelandtyke View Post
Depending on your area, I might list it a little higher than you really want to sell it for - around here people always want to get it for less than you list for, no matter how good a deal the original price was.
yeah that happens a lot here too
Old 05-19-2011, 07:23 AM   #8
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I figured out how much it all cost me new (not including shipping) & it was about $125. I'm going to go with $80 & see what happens.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:53 AM   #9
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junipervt

really? maybe I should split it up.... If I sold the covers individually I could get $10 each, so that's $40. You think the flats, pfs, snappis & pins are only worth $15?

the flats are heavy to ship, so if I sold them online I really wouldn't make any of my $ back on them. it would be like giving them away.
My general rule on FSOT is 50% of what you paid, particularly prefolds and flats. You could go as high as 70% on covers and other items but keep in mind that ppl on Craigslist are looking for a deal so you won't do as well there as other place. IMHO, of course. Most covers here sell for $5 on CL, most NB dipes for $7 and other sizes 10-15. I sold my PFs recently and sold 42 PFs plus 2 flats plus 5 OS covers for $40. I placed it at $50 but took the first offer.

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
IDDDSO: Charlie Banana XS and S in Lavendar!
jessi4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:17 AM   #10
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessi4jc View Post
My general rule on FSOT is 50% of what you paid, particularly prefolds and flats. You could go as high as 70% on covers and other items but keep in mind that ppl on Craigslist are looking for a deal so you won't do as well there as other place. IMHO, of course. Most covers here sell for $5 on CL, most NB dipes for $7 and other sizes 10-15. I sold my PFs recently and sold 42 PFs plus 2 flats plus 5 OS covers for $40. I placed it at $50 but took the first offer.
maybe cd's are just in more demand here. I've sold other covers in the same condition for $10 each. I'll see what happens. If it doesn't sell I'll keep it for my yardsale. Diapers did really well at my yardsale last year.