Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-19-2011, 12:32 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Has anyone made fitted out of the thirsties hemp prefolds?

Originally Posted by umajo View Post
I would basically make a 1 or 2 layer fitted out of flannel, terry, etc but without a soaker. I'd just lay the prefold in as the soaker. The fitted "shell" keeps the messes off the cover. I think it would be relatively easy to sew up a one size "shell" that you could use from newborn up without much added bulk. I've been itching to try make some but haven't had a chance to pull out the sewing machine. This way you could keep those lovely pfs intact and use them later as inserts, doublers, etc if you wish, and also keep the resale value. You could even make the shell like a pocket fitted and stuff the pf inside.

I think a hemp jersey fitted would be awesome though!
That would be such a great idea! I didn't quite understand what you were meaning before but that so does make sense!

I might have to do a search online for some free patterns for fitted diapers or maybe someone on here knows of where we could get one. We could even use receiving blankets or cheap t-shirts that are old and not being used.

The happiest wife in the world to my husband Randy since 2000 , mother to my 4 angels and gifts from God, River (2007)m Summer (2008), Rylan (2009), and Ryder (2011)
tward33556 is offline   Reply With Quote