Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-19-2011, 04:11 AM   #1
lorishoward
Registered Users

Mattress recommendations, please!

We are in desperate need of a new mattress. Please give your suggestion on what kind I should buy?

Advertisement

lorishoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:12 AM   #2
CallysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mattress recommendations, please!

Definitely memory foam. We invested in one when I was expecting baby #1 3 years ago and it still feels like a brand new bed!
CallysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
Selene
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We got this Dynasty memory foam mattress a few months ago and we it! DH and I are both side sleepers and this mattress is so comfy for us! I used to always have crick in my neck and knots in my shoulders but no more. Seriously, you can't beat it for the price.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:28 PM   #4
pcjs
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene View Post
We got this Dynasty memory foam mattress a few months ago and we it! DH and I are both side sleepers and this mattress is so comfy for us! I used to always have crick in my neck and knots in my shoulders but no more. Seriously, you can't beat it for the price.
Do you know how this one compares to the Costco one? I so want a memory foam mattress as the topper is nice but our mattress is shot.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #5
Selene
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

pcjs, I haven't seen a memory foam mattressat Costoco, just some nice coil spring ones. One of the nice things about ordering the amazon ones is that they deliver it to your door (it comes all rolled up and vaccuum packed). The downside is you can't really return it (well, technically you can but the return shipping is prohibitively high). This is the first memory foam mattress I have slept on so I can't really compare it to much but our old awful coil spring mattress. But there are tons of reviews on amazon to look at too
Old 05-19-2011, 09:19 PM   #6
pcjs
Registered Users

Thanks - that was my worry about returning it. We keep talking about a new mattress, but I'm more waiting till I find bedroom furniture when we finally actually finish the room (when I find a carpet & bedding I like and who knows how long that will take). I love our memory foam topper & pillows. I will not sleep with anything else now. I was bummed as I was trying to find a cheap travel sized one for my son and finally gave up for now. I was hesitant to spend more money on pillows but they are so worth it. I like the Cannon brand (over the Costco) at Kmart for pillows.