Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-28-2006, 02:13 AM   #11
No Longer Here
My Mood:
Re: What to do with Dirties?

im glad you have so many questions, keep them coming!!
i also use the diaper champ, i got mine for $8 at a consignment store and lOVE it! check around if you have a MOm N me store, i LOVE ours, everything is in brand new condition but for alot less than the stores charge.
i used to use a wet pail when i first started cd, but that only lasted about 1-2 months then i got this champ and its been dry pail ever since and we dont use any liner in it, i wash every 2-3 days and when i toss my diapers in the wash, i get some soapy hot water from the washer with a micro towel and wipe down my champ, i nver get pail stinkies. i am a little different cause with any poo diapers i get a tiny amount of gain and handwash my diaper, cause i dont want any stains at all, im picky with my diapers and dont even let them go on the floor after i take them off my baby, dh thinks im crazy but if i take care of them theyll lasdt longer and stay in great shape!

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:32 PM   #12
Registered Users
Re: What to do with Dirties?

I'm jsut starting on this whole CD experience but this is what I have done so far:

1) even in a sposie you are supposed to dump out the poo and flush it down -- totally impossible with nb poo, but when they get older you should and boy does it get stinky..

2) with the pooh I use a fleece liner and roll off the doodie. For peanut butter poos I use toilet paper, if its really bad (and I have a 14 month old so its different, I did CD for a new born) I have dunked... way easier to just wipe it off and then throw it in the bag.

3) to store b/4 I wash (and I only have a p/t stash so I wash every day) I have a wet bag that I just hang on a hook... so far no leakage, but I dont' ahve soaked diaps in there.

4) to wash I do the cold rinse first, if I have a nasty one in there i let that sit for a bit before it spins out (just keep the lid open and it wont spin on mine)

Its been a lot easier than I ever would imagined it to be. I was totally overwhelmed researching it and all but once I finally just bought some diaps and a few pins and now a snappi I'm lovin' it.
mom to DD 3/3/05
Due with baby girl #2 2/26/08
widdlelou is offline   Reply With Quote