Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-21-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
ayla's_mommy
Registered Users
seller

Can anybody tell me what I'm looking for..?

DD is 18 months old and we live out in the country. Everytime she plays outside she gets eaten alive by bugs. We tried tons of different organic sprays/lotions etc and nothing helps. I want to get her some long sleeve and long pants that she can wear when playing outside. I am always seeing them on babysteals but can't remember the brands. I need something that will keep her cool because summer temps stay in the 90's even 100's here. I am always seeing these UV outfits on babysteals that would be great (although she doesn't need the UV so much as she's bi-racial) but I can't remember who makes them. Anybody know of any good brands or have any other good ideas on how I can keep the bugs off of her and keep her cool too?
TIA!

Advertisement

ayla's_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:08 PM   #2
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can anybody tell me what I'm looking for..?

Not exactly the info you were looking for, but.....

I saw on TV an OFF product. It clips onto your belt and has a fan. Supposedly it has the bug repellent, and the little fan helps "spread it around" (for lack of a better term, it's late and my brain is mushy, lol).

Anyway... good luck.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:45 AM   #3
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can anybody tell me what I'm looking for..?

They make permethrin-based Insect Repellent clothing. You could probably find it at any outdoor store. Buzz off is one brand. there's a product I love but I am blanking on the name. It releases a mist that you can't see and keeps the area you are in bug free. It isn't the candles but it works similarly but better and you have to buy refills for it. Sort of like the clips but a little different.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote