Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
geez0pete
Registered Users
Formerly: sm***ff

My Mood:
S/O Is there an easier way for me to do FC?

I didn't want to hijack the other thread but had a question. My FC setup is: Clean wipes in basket on the back of the toilet (My three DDs and I use it for #1 only). Used FC goes into a lidded pail next to the toilet. When it's time to wash, I transfer wipes to a netted lingerie bag and wash with regular laundry.

I've been doing it this way for years and it's the transferring part I hate. Is there something I can use that can go from the bathroom, zip it up, and throw it into right into the washer? A wet bag is waterproof, right? So that wouldn't work (I never used a wet bag when I was CDing my 4). And it seems a cotton bag wouldn't hold in the ammonia odor. TIA!

Advertisement

geez0pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: S/O Is there an easier way for me to do FC?

If you have ammonia, the wipes aren't getting clean. Is the issue containing them in the washer to make it easier after they are washed? Because I think that lingerie bag is restricting them from getting clean.

I have a cotton bag hanging on a doorknob in the bathroom. ON wash day, I just dump all the wipes right into the washer, then load the other clothes and wash. The bag isn't waterproof and isn't "closed" in any way and I do not notice an odor. Maybe if I stuck my nose in it, but it's not stinking up the bathroom.

Out of the dryer, I just throw them all into the basket and put the basket back on the toilet. No folding.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
geez0pete
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well, I only wash them every few days...maybe I'm waiting too long. We have a ton of wipes (mostly scraps of old clothes, socks, etc. that I've cut up) that last us for awhile. I like to keep them contained because there's so many of them and I really don't like to have to separate them from the clothes. It's seems wasteful to run a load just for wipes only.

ETA: Definitely no folding here either.

Last edited by geez0pete; 05-24-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:19 PM   #4
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

Maybe line the pail with a mesh bag that you can grab and throw in the washer? We rinse our wipes right after use so no smell. I don't line my pails, I just grab them, dump the contents in the washer, and put the pails back.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
Dandelion
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd say make a mesh bag that fit inside your pail. That way all you have to do is grab and go.

Out of curiosity, Why do you wash your wipes in a mesh bag?
, ,
Dandelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #6
the_oz_girl
Registered Users

My Mood:

Get a mesh bag if you absolutely must keep them together. Make sure it is PLENTY big enough so that your wipes have room to agitate and actually get clean though, probably twice as big as your pail at the least. You can use a wet bag to line the pail and then put the mesh bag inside that.
the_oz_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:52 PM   #7
geez0pete
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
I'd say make a mesh bag that fit inside your pail. That way all you have to do is grab and go.

Out of curiosity, Why do you wash your wipes in a mesh bag?
Basically because all of my wipes are smallish scraps of this 'n that and since there are 4 of us using them there are alot divided in 3 bathrooms. I just don't want to have to separate them from the rest of the clothes. Call me lazy, lol.

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies.

Last edited by geez0pete; 05-24-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:18 AM   #8
crystalanne79
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbaliff View Post
Well, I only wash them every few days...maybe I'm waiting too long. We have a ton of wipes (mostly scraps of old clothes, socks, etc. that I've cut up) that last us for awhile. I like to keep them contained because there's so many of them and I really don't like to have to separate them from the clothes. It's seems wasteful to run a load just for wipes only.

ETA: Definitely no folding here either.
I have tons of wipes and I wash them every 5 days or so and I just toss the dirties into a wetbag and then shake the wetbag into the washer along with whatever towels need washing.

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote