Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-16-2007, 02:17 PM   #121
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nursing Photo (CONTAINS NUDITY)

photobucket removed the image

Advertisement

Old 06-17-2007, 09:30 PM   #122
ecoria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have to agree with ravenonyx here. i see nothing sexual about it. her legs arent spread eagle. its more of a natural pose your legs would fall into when laying on your back. i nurse very often in that exact position (including the annoying pinching of the other nipple) because of my sons acrobatics and i know my knees are never ever together. its just not a natural/comfortable way to lay... on your back with your knees together. and the look on her face is just tired and frustrated.

i love all nursing pics and have tons myself as its such a huge part of our lives i think it should be documented like everything else, but this shows a different side to nursing. a side not many of us want to admit to, but i know i dont gaze lovingly at ds every time he nurses, the entire time he nurses. that like saying the only pics of a mom and child should be happy beautiful times when they are full of joy. ya sure, cuz that is just totally representative of how a normal day goes in the life of a mom.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:03 PM   #123
attachedmamaof3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Has anyone brought up the fact that perhaps this is exactly the button the photographer was hoping to push?

Is it not possible to be sexual and a mother at the same time? How much more of a picture of motherliness can you get than one of breastfeeding? How much more sexual can you get than spread legs and naked torso? Can we not be both? Is it obscene that the child is nursing when mother is nude/in a sexual pose? Is that not the juxtaposition the photographer wants to picture: the innocence of the child nursing and the innocent sexuality of nudity? How sexual is too sexual? Is it obscene if a mother is involved in intercourse while child is nursing (not in a picture, but in her own home)? Is it obscene that intercourse may be interrupted so that mother can nurse, and then resume sexual activity? Is it obscene that a mother may think nursing feels good and so has a "sexual" look on her face and relaxed leg pose?

I think the point IS to make us think about sexuality and motherhood.
married to HS sweetheart mom to DS#1-(9yo), DS#2-(2.5yo) and DD-5.5 mo!
attachedmamaof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:11 AM   #124
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinsMommy View Post
photobucket removed the image
so what was the pic exactly ?? I want to know !!
Old 06-18-2007, 06:24 AM   #125
dbassett
Registered Users

DH and I were talking about this and I stand by my statement that I have mixed feelings about it and FOR THAT REASON, it's an excellent piece of artwork. He agreed. It's absolutely thought provoking and that makes it an excellent piece of art. If anyone would like...I can have a pic of ME taken like that...only um...without us both being naked lol. I mean the position itself. I nurse like that ALL the time. I hate side laying and figured out how to do it on my back hehe.
I have feedback here of course as well as here
dbassett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:00 AM   #126
Nikkis_Little_Ladies
Registered Users
Formerly: Nikk25_3
seller

My Mood:

Why is the original link to this picture not working anymore? I'm ready to look at it and I can not get it to come up. It only takes me to thephotobucket home page. Is it working for anyone else?
Nikkis_Little_Ladies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:04 AM   #127
dbassett
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki25_3 View Post
Why is the original link to this picture not working anymore? I'm ready to look at it and I can not get it to come up. It only takes me to thephotobucket home page. Is it working for anyone else?
It wasn't working for me when I originally posted. I found a link to the pic elsewhere in this thread. Photobucket removed it.

Photobucket has been removing any breastfeeding picture they find. I find it amusing since I'm uploading a WHOLE bunch right now. If they remove them I'll make a scene.
I have feedback here of course as well as here
dbassett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:38 AM   #128
Nikkis_Little_Ladies
Registered Users
Formerly: Nikk25_3
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbassett View Post
It wasn't working for me when I originally posted. I found a link to the pic elsewhere in this thread. Photobucket removed it.

Photobucket has been removing any breastfeeding picture they find. I find it amusing since I'm uploading a WHOLE bunch right now. If they remove them I'll make a scene.

OMH!! you've got to be kidding me.. How dare them. I don't understand how people 'think' they have the right to host a public photocenter and then tell mothers/familys that they can not have precious,beuatiful,tasteful pictures. I mean I understand that they can lead to pediphiles etc, but if you have them in your private photobucket account the who the hell can they take it away..

I can understand when it's being posted on other sites for the public to see. I think that they have to cover their bums then, but to go and take others pictures who are not publiclly sharing these pictures is just STUPID and RUDE!! I would be making a scene as well. I have bfing pics on my photobucket, and while they are not as graphic as the other pic that was posted up, they are personal and very precious to me. I think that they should be more concerned about other peoples pictures. I have seen some prety filthy nasty pictures from photobucket. Even young teens naked and being used as sex symbols.

I have read everyones posts about the original picture on this thread and I can only think that this woman was posed in a sexual way, and had a sexual look on her face that was not motherly at all. I can however understand the art veiws of a picture like this, but I do not think it should have been her right to take it unpon herself and post it up on her myspace (weather it was her or not). I think that this is a picture that should be kept private in your own home (maybe professonal art gallary). I would never subject myself/family to that kind of publicity. It just (to me) says hey sickos look at us.. EXPECIALLY on myspace were there are soooo soooo many pediphiles to worrie about. If I was not able to have my myspace private I would never have one.

I'm kinda upset that I can not view this picture. But at the same time I'm glad. I think (by reading everyones posts) that I would just be looking at another person seaking attention in the worng way.
Nikkis_Little_Ladies is offline   Reply With Quote