Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-26-2011, 12:16 AM   #1
Registered Users
Affresh front loader cleaner

I just got turned onto Affresh HE washer cleaner by my appliance repair guy. He said this is the product that all the manufactures are recommending (there are a few cleaners by tide and stuff that aren't as effective)and that it really makes the difference in loosening all the bio-muck that can accumulate in the drums and hoses of HE machines because of the low water. However an interesting bit of info he told me was that most of the problems with smell in HE machines is more because modern detergent no longer has phosphates. Phosphate are terrible for the environment but they kicked a$$ for getting things clean because they really suspended the soils in the water and then made them easy to rinse away. Who new.

Anyway, the point is if your diapers smell funky after a wash, it could be your washer that is dirty not your diapers. Bleach will kill the bacteria but it won't rinse the bio-soil away. It also helps to leave the door of your HE machine open between washes to help it dry out.

PS. Affresh is available at Walmart, Canadian Tire and Superstore (in Canada).

elpos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:54 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Affresh front loader cleaner

Yep our repairman told us about it too. I used it right before I started CD'ing to be sure everything was ready to go. We still sanitize w/bleach with the "self cleaning" setting monthly. But when things get funky Affresh does the trick! Plus it smells nice
SAHM married to my BFF & Mommy to 3 lil terrors! BF'ing, Food'makin, CD'ing and laundering our way to insanity! Why? Because we love it plain CrAzY around here!
jacksmimi is offline   Reply With Quote