Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-11-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
eedw9
Registered Users
seller
seller

Smile Natural Mattress Suggestion?

We're needing a new mattress and while I love the feel of the ones that mold to your body (ie. Tempurpedic, etc), from what I've read, most have a lot of chemicals.

Does anyone have a more natural mattress that they love? A "body molding" one would be great, but I'll take any suggestions.

Also, if you know of a natural mattress store in Illinois that would be even better!

Advertisement

Old 05-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
susansabrina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Natural Mattress Suggestion?

No natural product is going to feel like the foam of a tempur pedic! I would suggest a thick cotton futon type mattress. I have slept on one for about a year now and I am happy with it. It does form body molded holes where you sleep most often and I like that but DH like to turn and fluff it back up more often than I do. The key for us was to put it on a platform bed (something with a solid wood base to it - no slats).
ISO:Planet Lunchbox, zorb, Small Lunette cup, ribbon for hairbows, bento style egg molds.IHA:Sm MEAF, Med MEAF, ME Toddlease, Columbia shorts XL womens, xl maternity swimsuit, Lg Zolowear ring sling in blue/grey, 2 Robeez 12-18 mo boys, wool wash, dog costume
susansabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #3
ecocentric
Registered Users
seller

I recommend a latex foam mattress. Pricey but super comfy and supposed to last a long time. There are organic ones that use wool for fire protection instead of weird chemicals. Here's one site with info:
http://www.healthyfoundations.com/latex.html
ecocentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:00 PM   #4
eedw9
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecocentric View Post
I recommend a latex foam mattress. Pricey but super comfy and supposed to last a long time. There are organic ones that use wool for fire protection instead of weird chemicals. Here's one site with info:
http://www.healthyfoundations.com/latex.html
Thank you - that was a good link.

Anyone else have suggestions?
Old 05-12-2011, 03:46 AM   #5
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree that it sounds like you'd prefer a natural latex mattress, we got a combo one but they carry straight latex too, www.greenmattressfactory.com

GL!
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:36 AM   #6
mitre10
Registered Users
seller
seller

We just bought DS a latex mattress from Sleep-EZ. It is AWESOME. They often have specials going on.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #7
turbogirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Anyone out there get a latex mattress from Habitat Furnishings? I was feeling overwhelmed by the choices and traded with someone to do the research for me. They recommended the 6" mattress as the best choice for us. Anyone purchased from them? They have an AMAZING return policy (like half a year) and they actually have a plant where they make the beds in the USA. The website for their store alone overwhelmed me!!

http://www.habitatfurnishings.com/latex_mattress.html
Old 05-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #8
turbogirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Checked that link out and noticed it was from someone who knew the owner of Habitat Furnishings and so she probably did the review to give him visibility. I guess I'm just concerned b/c you never know online if the reviews are real people with real mattresses or just people that were paid or asked to leave comments. YKWIM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eedw9 View Post
Thank you - that was a good link.

Anyone else have suggestions?
Old 05-27-2011, 11:26 AM   #9
chrissyb0411
Registered Users

Naturepedic has comfortable mattresses and absolutely no synthetic flame retardants
chrissyb0411 is offline   Reply With Quote