Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-28-2011, 04:23 PM   #11
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Gifted Gerber Prefolds- WWYD?

They are good to lay under baby when they need some air time, and I have used them as diapers too. Right now I am making some neworn fitteds and cut up ours into little soaker pads.

Advertisement

Old 05-28-2011, 04:41 PM   #12
wookumus
Registered Users
seller

We had a similar situation and returned ours but had I known then what I know now, I would have kept them for all the great reasons mentioned above!
wookumus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:48 PM   #13
rkw
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have a few gerber prefolds and I use them in econobum covers with a fleece liner when I get bored with my other diapers. They work just fine for my son's needs. I generally use bgos or bg elementals along with econobum prefolds in the econobum covers or recieving blankets as flats. They are great for dusting, cleaning and several of what previous posters stated.
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:56 PM   #14
vanillagrl1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydaisy View Post
They work great for burp rags and when your done they work great dusting/cleaning cloths.
vanillagrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:12 PM   #15
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

I use the Gerber flats as unpaper towels and they work great! I am assuming the prefolds would work well too..
Old 05-28-2011, 07:35 PM   #16
nature chic
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used our when ds was little and they did ok-- as he got bigger I used them with a hemp doubler (they are nice and thin so you can do this) it was a nice gesture and may go a long way if "grandma" knows they're getting used
Married to my best friend since 95-- Mommy of DS #1Avery 9/00, DD #1 Natalie 12/02, DD #2 Emma 3/04 via stork from Korea in 05 and DS#2 Alan 11/10--new to CD'ing and open to input--Not ashamed of Jesus, my Savior.
nature chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 07:37 PM   #17
ursaminor
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

They make great changing mats and like pp mentioned 'air out' mats.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:03 PM   #18
birdie
Registered Users
seller

Yea someone got me some and some of the gerber wetpants. I guess that was their only envision of cloth diapering since thats all thats at the stores. Anyway I just used them for burpies and clean up. They make good changing pads too.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:07 PM   #19
wildsissy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
DS and I had fun when we got some and tie dyed them. You can never have too many burp cloths, or rags.

We used ours for when we were co-sleeping (under DD's mouth) I leaked a bunch and hated to change the sheets
I agree.. also with the poster that said when you need to use them if the baby has a rash or use them during the meconium days. I did use them with a snappi and didn't have the same problem another poster commented.. have to admit that I like the gerber organics better than their regular prefolds.. but the organics I could never use as a diaper.. they are so thin I doubt they would hold much pee.. but i love them for everything else!
L♥VING MY WAHM PRODUCTS I FOUND HERE ON DIAPERSWAPPERS!! Homemade natural bath/skin products & candles from Alexanders Additions http://www.alexandersadditions.com/ and MAMA CLOTH great prices, amazing well made pads and she does custom work too visit The Silver Liner here.. http://hyenacart.com/stores/TheSilverLiner/
wildsissy is offline   Reply With Quote