Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
neonalee
Registered Users
seller
seller

LG FL water temps

I finally got the info from LG on my washer (WM2487HWMA). Their first "customer service" email response had nothing to do with water temp! So I called & got someone who must've been reading something with absolutely no understanding because he told me choosing hot/cold, for example, the machine would take hot & cold water to arrive at xx temp & that's what the wash & rinse would be - same temp for both! I asked about that when I emailed yet again, just to make sure (cuz I KNEW that was wrong!). Here's the response. Hope it's useful for some!

The desired temperatures based on the settings for wash rinse temperature are as follows:

Cold = 77 degrees
Warm = 104 degrees
Hot = 122 degrees
Extra Hot = 158 degrees

(Temperatures are reported in Fahrenheit)

So if you choose a cycle that runs Hot / Cold for example, your wash temperature will be 122 degrees and when the clothing items are rinsed they will be rinsed in a water temperature of 77 degrees. The Rinse and Spin setting will allow you to customize the wash/rinse temperature button, but remember only the rinse side of the temperature would apply in that case. If you use a prewash option your machine will run prewash at the same temperature as what was selected for the main wash.

Advertisement

neonalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
themaelane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: LG FL water temps

Oh wow that is helpful! I always wonder about the rinse and spin cycle. Thanks!
ISO: NB covers/fitteds, flats, wool, 'big sister' stuff for a 4YO girl.
themaelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #3
mpfanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Good to know! I don't have that exact model, but I'm sure it's the same info. I was worried bc I use the Sanitary setting for every diaper main wash and was hoping the temp wasn't too much higher than 150o. I'll keep doing what I'm doing!
mpfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:19 PM   #4
neonalee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaelane View Post
Oh wow that is helpful! I always wonder about the rinse and spin cycle. Thanks!
Ya know, what they said about that cycle made sense, except that I CAN'T "customize the wash/rinse temperature button". I just checked. Maybe I just don't know how. I've been using the speed wash without soap for the initial rinse, so it doesn't matter, but I'd like to know!
neonalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:16 PM   #5
mpfanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonalee View Post
I finally got the info from LG on my washer (WM2487HWMA). Their first "customer service" email response had nothing to do with water temp! So I called & got someone who must've been reading something with absolutely no understanding because he told me choosing hot/cold, for example, the machine would take hot & cold water to arrive at xx temp & that's what the wash & rinse would be - same temp for both! I asked about that when I emailed yet again, just to make sure (cuz I KNEW that was wrong!). Here's the response. Hope it's useful for some!

The desired temperatures based on the settings for wash rinse temperature are as follows:

Cold = 77 degrees
Warm = 104 degrees
Hot = 122 degrees
Extra Hot = 158 degrees

(Temperatures are reported in Fahrenheit)

So if you choose a cycle that runs Hot / Cold for example, your wash temperature will be 122 degrees and when the clothing items are rinsed they will be rinsed in a water temperature of 77 degrees. The Rinse and Spin setting will allow you to customize the wash/rinse temperature button, but remember only the rinse side of the temperature would apply in that case. If you use a prewash option your machine will run prewash at the same temperature as what was selected for the main wash.

Okay, I know this thread is kind of old, but I referenced it today so I wanted to add something. I found on my LG, if I do a double rinse in the same cycle, the first rinse will ALWAYS be cold. Like if I did an Rinse + Spin with the Extra Rinse button, the first rinse would be cold, even if I did the Warm/Warm setting. I could tell because I could never hear/see the hot water input during the water filling. I found if I want a double warm rinse, I have to set it for Rinse + Spin and let it fill, pause it, and then add Extra Rinse. What a PITA!

Last edited by mpfanny; 05-29-2011 at 12:18 PM.
mpfanny is offline   Reply With Quote